emmetiphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mauriziotravani.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello from Italy, I'm a part-time freelance photographer. This place seems rally awesome!
I've created this account in order to improve my English talking about a thing I know quite well.
Here in Italy I teach to beginners and I take little workshops about specific topics like lighting, composing, post-production etc… so, ask me what you want and help me to improve mi English ;-)

Maurizio

Welcome!

I'm not sure how I could help you with English other than making corrections, but you would soon grow tired of that.

As for teaching beginners, how do you start? What things do you teach the first session? Do you teach groups or singles? Are there any particular camera requirements? How quickly do your students progress?

Hi Designer, thank you for the advice!
I don't expect a real help, I want to do it like a training ;-)
So…normally I teach for small groups of 5/10 students. I haven't a studio and I like to take the class at a cafe. I've developed this format as I wanted to have an informal situation and the idea is very well accepted. With the beginners I start analyzing their knowledge, then I continue talking about the camera parts and their purposes. All the things I talk about are compared to the use of the compact cameras and the phone cameras. There aren't any camera requirements, in the same class I've had people with dslr, compact cameras and phones. In my classes I teach about the physics of the camera but, more important, I want to give a starting point for the personal growth and the research of a new way of seeing. Soon I will teach for only two people, brother and sister. She is a client of mine, I've had a portrait session with her and now she continues to be a client in another way… Normally I take workshops with advanced photographers about a single topic. In this case I work with 1/3 people.

Welcome, we'll look forward to having you here. English is a difficult language in some respects but you'll do well.
Here's a brief English usage lesson since you asked.
You said " I teach to beginners and I take little workshops about specific topics like lighting, composing, post-production etc… so, ask me what you want and help me to improve mi English ;-)"
I would have said " I teach beginners and give small workshops about specific topics like lighting, composition, post processing etc....so, ask me what you want and help me to improve my English ;-)"
Only small changes........I'm not good with punctuation so didn't try to do anything with that.
denny

Welcome, we'll look forward to having you here. English is a difficult language in some respects but you'll do well.
Here's a brief English usage lesson since you asked.
You said " I teach to beginners and I take little workshops about specific topics like lighting, composing, post-production etc… so, ask me what you want and help me to improve mi English ;-)"
I would have said " I teach beginners and give small workshops about specific topics like lighting, composition, post processing etc....so, ask me what you want and help me to improve my English ;-)"
Only small changes........I'm not good with punctuation so didn't try to do anything with that.
denny

Thank you very much dear Denny!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back