Lanna.O

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello,

I decided to buy film camera, now i'm thinking about Pentax k1000, I guess it's good one for beginner. What do you think? Is it a good choice? How to choose it, while buying online? What about lens?

thanks

Welcome aboard.

It's a classic. Start like many of us did, with a 50mm prime lens.

A great, basic film camera. Asahi (Pentax) lenses are fine and I think a 50mm is a good place to start.

The Canon is a fine camera as well, though I have to give my vote to the K1000. I've been shooting mine for more than 20 years. It's a tank, the lenses are great, the light meter is simple but reliable, and it never lets me down. Pentax also seems to always give comparable quality for lower prices, so you get more quality for your money.

Fine camera in its day, but there seems to be some shutter problems after all these years. What about a Nikkormat? The main thing, whichever brand you buy, is to get one that has not been abused over the years.

Thanks for answers.

Just one more question. How to choose film for Pentax K1000?

I'd start with something cheap until you get the hang of setting your exposures.

I just picked up a Canon T70 cheap. Easy to use. Auto film advance, loud, but takes great exposures. FD glass is very good and shocked how great the first couple rolls turned out.

I have a couple of K1000's that need service but one still works. I am going through it and giving to my daughter, it will be like new. Great camera, great glass, and perfect to learn with. She will get a 50mm f1.2, 35-105 f3, leather case, Pentax flash, filter set, and 5 rolls of B&W 200

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back