how do i make a picture "pop"..help needed..

Easier? :lol: it took me 7 mins, 36 seconds.

Well, the easier way would be to get the shot perfect in camera ;)

did one of your topics last night ...exposures... real help...will look at topic 3 toorrow..is middle of night ere now...thanks gain...:thumbup:

I'll play
new-1.jpg

K.I.S.S.

Looks great. Can you tell me what you would add to my edit? I was going for the result you came out with, but the faces in mine seemed to red and it was a bit saturated.

I did white balance, color enhancement, boosted contrast, etc.

If you're going to edit something like this and try to fix it, you need to remove the subjects from the background, and then additionally break them up to edit different parts of them. You should be breaking it up like a puzzle, editing everything independently, then putting it back together.
You should also not try to force detail where there is none, IE a totally blown area has no detail, so you must deal/work around it as best you can.

I used a cheap $50 program, Photoshop Elements 6.

The way I edited it can be found in my sig, topic 3.
Basically layered it, background (white), outfits, body parts... levels, saturation/hues, denoise

KISS.. Keep It Simple Stooopid :lol:

Ok, well when/if you start a school for photo editing... consider me signed up.:thumbup::thumbup:

p!nK

The skin tones of the girl in front are blown in the red channel only. Most of the background is blown and will result in some posterization when edited from this online image.

I opened the image in ACR and while holding down the ALT key adjusted the exposure till the red channel was no longer blown out. I then added 25 to the Clarity slider and 25 to the Vibrance slider. My ACR is set to always add a sharpening amount of 25. Lastly, in Photoshop I used the spot healing tool to remove the black spots from the front girls face.

4425263509_4a806df1ba_b.jpg

theres 50 more photos just like that one and the mother wants them all....thats a lot of editing....i may justreshoot...

Hmm, well Lightroom would be the obvious choice for batch processing, You could create a good edit on one, then copy it to the others in seconds. I'm just not sure LR is the best option for these if you are doing some serious correcting. I can give it a whirl in LR to see how it turns out.

Looks great. Can you tell me what you would add to my edit? I was going for the result you came out with, but the faces in mine seemed to red and it was a bit saturated.

I did white balance, color enhancement, boosted contrast, etc.
Our edits aren't too far off. I would probably just adjust the hue and saturation of each color manually, then use a strong denoise program to smooth the skin tones (it blends then nicely).

Here is my edit of the file, it has all my layers open, etc. Just download it and open it in photoshop to see how I had everything.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVV
new.psd
^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
The skin tones of the girl in front are blown in the red channel only. Most of the background is blown and will result in some posterization when edited from this online image.

I opened the image in ACR and while holding down the ALT key adjusted the exposure till the red channel was no longer blown out. I then added 25 to the Clarity slider and 25 to the Vibrance slider. My ACR is set to always add a sharpening amount of 25. Lastly, in Photoshop I used the spot healing tool to remove the black spots from the front girls face.

4425263509_4a806df1ba_b.jpg

thanks for your efforts..gives me something to think about..

only have ps elements7 on laptop is it any good...

It's one newer then the version I have :lol:

Yes it's good, you should be able to do a ton of stuff with it.
Download the file I posted and you can open it in there. It's your photo, all broken up.

Most reactions

Back