how often do you have your camera?

I just bought the camera a few days ago and I don't have a proper case for it. So I'm a little nervous about taking it out :)

For the most part, I don't go out unless it's to shoot.

There are times when you wouldn't see me leave the house without my camera rucksack in tow, and there are times (I'm going through one of those stages just now, must be because it's November, which usually is about the dullest, greyest month of the year, followed by dull, grey December, followed by dull, grey January, followed by dull, grey February ... :roll: ) when I simply cannot make myself to even CONSIDER picking it up in order to take it somewhere. Added to the month/season we're going through just now comes the fact that my favourite lens is definitely defect, so I feel frustrated, and frustation does not inspire creativity and the desire to go out taking photos. So the answer to the OP's question RIGHT NOW must be: hardly ever, unless I know I am expected to take photos (on commission, for someone else).

Up untill a few months ago I carried it everywhere because it really paid off on getting shots from random opportunities for wildlife. This fall however it has been left behind more and more. I really needed to concentrate on the dogs ( I raise and train field trial English Setters) fall is a busy time with the many trials and such. I've missed a good many opps. and has me thinking I should leave my back up 10D with the 100-400L in the truck at all times.

The worst is when you have your camera on you but it isn't set up to get the shot that you see (fox running across the bike trail you walk to school on in the middle of the quasi-city)

well, I used to bring it with me all the time, but now, it's only there when I am planning a shoot. I don't really have much use for it in classes, or during my work (counseling)... so pretty much only on trips beyond my daily routine.

i tend to take it almost everywhere most of the time...not to lunch at work or quick trips to store, but to work everyday, and family outings on the weekends.
d40 with 2 kit lenses, a flash unit, and chargers in my canon 200eg...not too much weight to be an annoyance.
ya never know.

I personally keep my point and click Cannon 1100 with me at all times, for those 'kodak' moments.

I have a camera with me 100% of the time.

Usually I have one of my SLRs or Rangefinders in my backpack, which sits next to my desk at work, but when I don't have my backpack, I have the camera on my iPhone, which is always in my pocket, and is a surprisingly good low rez point and shoot.

Usually I have one of my SLRs or Rangefinders in my backpack, which sits next to my desk at work, but when I don't have my backpack, I have the camera on my iPhone, which is always in my pocket, and is a surprisingly good low rez point and shoot.

Hell, I have found myself using my blackberry to take photos then trying to worry about grabbing my cannon out of my purse....

Oh heck if we are including cell phones, I have one 100% of the time within 3 feet of me.

The thing is, I never use it as a camera. Phones for me are used to talk to people with... not to surf the net with, not to text, not to listen to MP3s on, and certainly not to take pictures with... lol (I own 2 Krazors and 2 iPhones for business purposes).

I only have my P&S so I carry it everywhere. I have it in my bag always.

Oh heck if we are including cell phones, I have one 100% of the time within 3 feet of me.

The thing is, I never use it as a camera. Phones for me are used to talk to people with... not to surf the net with, not to text, not to listen to MP3s on, and certainly not to take pictures with... lol (I own 2 Krazors and 2 iPhones for business purposes).

I usually wouldn't consider a cell phone camera, but the iphone camera can give me a pic good enough for a 4x6 print in the right conditions.. like this one

Like many of you, I try to have it on me as much as possible. When ever I'm going out to town, the D40 and the two lenses I own go with me.

I'd like to take it to school every day because along the way I do see some amazing opportunities when the morning and evening light is right. As days are shorter now, today there way the most amazing sunset right as I walked out of school, lighting up the buildings gold. It was one of those "I WISH I had a camera on me" moments, and I get them often.

It would be impractical to carry it to school everyday, and I don't have the room so I'm considering getting a good P+S that I can truly carry around everywhere.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back