How to deal with hardcore photographers?

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I come across with extreme photographers. They thinks they know everything, but they don't. They treated me like I don't know anything. One guy told me he wanted to shoot photos in the zoo at 2:00 afternoon to get good sun light on the animals. I have photographed the animals at 10:00 in the morning and still get good photos of the animals with good sun lighting. Another guy told me I can't get good photos while riding in a car on the highway, and I can't get good pictures of the animals in the zoo. I still get good photos on the highway and zoo animals with no problem. What's up with those people? They maybe good at one thing, but they are not good at everything.

I come across with extreme photographers. They thinks they know everything, but they don't. They treated me like I don't know anything. One guy told me he wanted to shoot photos in the zoo at 2:00 afternoon to get good sun light on the animals. I have photographed the animals at 10:00 in the morning and still get good photos of the animals with good sun lighting. Another guy told me I can't get good photos while riding in a car on the highway, and I can't get good pictures of the animals in the zoo. I still get good photos on the highway and zoo animals with no problem. What's up with those people? They maybe good at one thing, but they are not good at everything.

Did you see this? http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...u-see-me-well-im-fotograffer.html#post2555314 Probably something similar to this....

Give them a head butt! EXxxxxxxTRrrrrrrrEME!!!!

Did you see this? http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...u-see-me-well-im-fotograffer.html#post2555314 Probably something similar to this....

Scrapbooker!

I agree with Gary! Don't let it get ya down.... get the last laugh, by getting better shots!

DiskoJoe said:
Give them a head butt! EXxxxxxxTRrrrrrrrEME!!!!

...Mmmmmindfreak!!!

I prefer to do shoots in the afternoon. It all depends on how you manage the sunlight.

I assume most hobbies have similar jerks. In my other hobby of model railroading there are participants who think they know everything about modeling and railroading. They're generally known as "rivet counters" for their supposed knowledge that such and such a railroad car had so many rivets, your model of it is wrong because it doesn't have the correct amount of rivets.

Mostly they are blowhards, and when asked to display their modeling efforts, they usually say they don't have any, are too busy, etc. They're often also referred to as "armchair modelers", as all they do is read about the hobby, never do any real work.

Just ignore the wannabees!

Same way you deal with intrawebz folks.

Just poke at their goat. Say some things you KNOW will piss them off, then watch them get really steamed, and stomp their feet in a tantrum.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Unless of course you aren't interested in the occasional asskicking. If that's the case, just smile and nod. They will go away.

Don't pay any attention to them, they are stupid.

Most reactions

Back