How to deal with hardcore photographers?

Who really cares if one camera owner is pissing off another camera owner. You have choices, number one, just walk away. There are superior thinking people all around us, and getting bent out of shape because they don't share your opinion on when the light is best on a hippo's ass, what colour the best car is, or how much further they can throw a rock, it's all pointless. Just take your pictures when and where you want, it's a zoo, the animals aren't going anywhere.

The main problem is, all those people out there who think that they are superior annoy those of us who really are! :grumpy:

I don't get what part you are disagreeing with. Perhaps, your definition of 'high quality' is different than theirs. In most zoos, zoo pictures will look like zoo pictures. Distracting elements in the frame, cages/netting, busy crowds, and sleeping animals. As far as getting 'high quality' images shooting from a moving vehicle, well, again, I would tend to agree with your detractors. No way you can plan out the composition, angle, lighting, etc to make a true 'high quality' image from a moving vehicle.

I think the part that is confusing you is that 2 months and a Canon Rebel does not make you a superior photographer.

I don't get what part you are disagreeing with. Perhaps, your definition of 'high quality' is different than theirs. In most zoos, zoo pictures will look like zoo pictures. Distracting elements in the frame, cages/netting, busy crowds, and sleeping animals. As far as getting 'high quality' images shooting from a moving vehicle, well, again, I would tend to agree with your detractors. No way you can plan out the composition, angle, lighting, etc to make a true 'high quality' image from a moving vehicle.

I think the part that is confusing you is that 2 months and a Canon Rebel does not make you a superior photographer.

You got it wrong. I have never said I'm a "superior photographer." I have seen some beginner photographers produced very good images in less than 2 months even moving vehicle and other skills. I'm happy with my photos I have taken, and I consider in my opinion, these are high quality images even I'm still a beginner with about 2 months experiences. My Canon T3i, of course, doesn't make me a superior photographer, but I have also seen photographers using a $300.00 camera and taking high quality images and hdr. I have shown my images in other threads, and they didn't say anything bad about these images. I have seen animal pictures not just from zoo books, but in internet and animal books in bookstores, and they really look high quality. I didn't say anything about moving vehicles. You are really confused.

guy told me I can't get good photos while riding in a car on the highway
= moving vehicle
Oh I get it, Okay, I thought he meant taking pictures of several cars moving forward. I was taking pictures while I was riding on the Hwy. To the right, I have taken pictures to all the nice building and skyscrapers. Those photos turn out to be good and look high quality to me. I am not a professional photographer, but it is better than shooting with my digital compact camera. If you google search, there are a lot of high quality pictures on the highway, and also picture books in the bookstores.

I asked how to deal with those "hardcore photographers?". I didn't asked for lashing remarks. You should talk to people who reply.

Wow... this is the first post I've read in months and it's already getting juicy... :popcorn:

I asked how to deal with those "hardcore photographers?"
1. Smile.
2. Nod head up and down, while quietly saying "yup", "uh-huh", "ok" or some other agreement.
3. Politely walk away while thinking about your next shot.

Just my $ 0.02 (€ 0.015)

Last edited:
I asked how to deal with those "hardcore photographers?"
1. Smile.
2. Nod head up and down, while quietly saying "yup", "uh-huh", "ok" or some other agreement.
3. Politely walk away while thinking about your next shot.

Just my $ 0.02 (€ 0.015)
Good advises, thanks. I didn't know what to do at the time. However, I will do that next time. I'll owe you 2 cents.

What do you do when a teacher gives you a bad grade? The bottom line is that this is a photography forum, and you are asking merely for social advice. If someone approaches you at work and puts you down, you brush it off and move on. If someone with a nice camera acts superior, you continue to shoot and have a good time. Its not a big deal at all. There will ALWAYS be those who think better of themselves

Your post sound very immature, stop bothering them and let them do their thing

I got a little angry, and this is why posted. I have 2 months experience. That is mean I'm not a professional. I'm still a beginner. I'm not superior. There are other cameras are far better than mine. What I'm saying is I get degraded when people who talked to me this way. They discouraged me, and they were wrong. People in this forum trying to silence me. Nobody is perfect. I'm just asking for advises. I like my camera and I didn't say it is better than everyone else. I like the pictures I have taken. They look high quality.

Part of learning photography is in raising your standards of what you produce.
There are many situations where you cannot take "a good photo". You can take a photo yes, and with what you have and the lighting present you can make a good job of the shot; but that won't change the fact that (in the big wide world) the quality of what was produced is lesser than ideal.

Sometimes part of learning photography is in choosing if you want that record shot or if you want to pause, not take a photo and instead watch the scene before you unfold.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back