How to deal with hardcore photographers?

marmots said:
not everyone gets the same results, but the other people i've told to search it have all had it on the first page

google customizes results to an extent

I did a google search and it showed up at exactly #20

Comes up early for me - but now I'm curious - are you sticky or sandy?

*that sounds so so wrong..... its not my blog - is my only defence...*

i had a similar instance happen to me while i was shooting photos for a local club..

my gear, gripped d7000, dome diff sb900 with battery pack, sigma 15mm fisheye.

she came up to me and asked if i was the club photog and i said, "i am tonight"

then she proceeded to ask what i was shooting with, first thing she said was, "is that a d3s?"
i said no, "it's just a d7000"
she then proceed to say, "well at least you have the sb900"

at this point was when i realized the type of person she was.

she then started looking over my shoulder at pics i just took, and critiquing every lil thing.... the main thing she had to say about the pics was that the flash was lighting up a Ginger girl a lil too much! "she's white but she's not that white."

so i told her i don't bring all my flash equipment into the club because i am just going around and snapping shots of people that want their picture taken, they aren't pro-studio quality photos. (all i had with me was what i listed)

then she said, "well if you are gonna do it, you should do it right!"

this is about the time i went off on her!

"so you are saying i should bring my slaves in here and carry them around with me so i could get proper lighting in this pitch black club? No, i'm just walking around snapping shots. but thanks for your input...what do you shoot with anyways?" -me

"canon t1i" -her

"i laughed at her, and said ok thank you for your pro advice... go bug someone else with a camera now" -me

"i'm just trying to piss you off, and i see it is working!" -her
"you see me laughing right? i think you are hilarious! now go bug someone else!" -me

she walked away.

i had a similar instance happen to me while i was shooting photos for a local club..

my gear, gripped d7000, dome diff sb900 with battery pack, sigma 15mm fisheye.

she came up to me and asked if i was the club photog and i said, "i am tonight"

then she proceeded to ask what i was shooting with, first thing she said was, "is that a d3s?"
i said no, "it's just a d7000"
she then proceed to say, "well at least you have the sb900"

at this point was when i realized the type of person she was.

she then started looking over my shoulder at pics i just took, and critiquing every lil thing.... the main thing she had to say about the pics was that the flash was lighting up a Ginger girl a lil too much! "she's white but she's not that white."

so i told her i don't bring all my flash equipment into the club because i am just going around and snapping shots of people that want their picture taken, they aren't pro-studio quality photos. (all i had with me was what i listed)

then she said, "well if you are gonna do it, you should do it right!"

this is about the time i went off on her!

"so you are saying i should bring my slaves in here and carry them around with me so i could get proper lighting in this pitch black club? No, i'm just walking around snapping shots. but thanks for your input...what do you shoot with anyways?" -me

"canon t1i" -her

"i laughed at her, and said ok thank you for your pro advice... go bug someone else with a camera now" -me

"i'm just trying to piss you off, and i see it is working!" -her
"you see me laughing right? i think you are hilarious! now go bug someone else!" -me

she walked away.
I always take my camera everywhere. No matter what lighting, any weather condition, and even indoor with poor lighting. I take every opportunity to shoot. The pictures still look good in my camera, and a picture tells you a thousand words.

Comes up early for me - but now I'm curious - are you sticky or sandy?

*that sounds so so wrong..... its not my blog - is my only defence...*

neither, it's been posted on a bunch of tumblr blogs, among other things

i originally posted it here and anywhere else that i post things will be under the same "thedirtyknapkin" username, this profile, and my photobucket are the only things that aren't

tecboy said:
I come across with extreme photographers. They thinks they know everything, but they don't. They treated me like I don't know anything. One guy told me he wanted to shoot photos in the zoo at 2:00 afternoon to get good sun light on the animals. I have photographed the animals at 10:00 in the morning and still get good photos of the animals with good sun lighting. Another guy told me I can't get good photos while riding in a car on the highway, and I can't get good pictures of the animals in the zoo. I still get good photos on the highway and zoo animals with no problem. What's up with those people? They maybe good at one thing, but they are not good at everything.

Just tell him that zoo photography is for noobs. The hard core folk shoot in the wild

pssshhh:er:

OP- 12?

Most reactions

Back