I Adopted a Cat

It is missing nude light painting.

Time to buy a laser pointer!

laser-pointer.jpg

Yup, just kinda ignore her and she'll come around. If you push it, it'll take longer...

Congratulations. It's normal for them to hide at first. Toys, empty boxes and paper bags may lure her out.

Zoe, our 7-month old kitten, really likes the little plastic rings from milk jugs (the part that comes off to open the cap.) Her favorite toy is a fake, furry mouse (no catnip) - she loves will play fetch.

Yeah, just hang around and don't try the toys yet. We had one we rescued from the street who was traumatized and refused to come out for over a week. I spent some time sitting near his hiding place reading a book, talking to him occasionally so he would get used to my voice. He turned out to be a very social cat.

I'm soo tempted to correct the title - one does not adopt a cat - a cat simply selects a new servant ;)

But good on yah and hope the little cat comes out from under that chair soon (though you might want to hold off on the photo session - all those reflectors and softboxes and flashes ;))

Any suggestions on how to get cats to open up a little?

Use a knife? But no... Seriously, I don't think I've ever met an "open" cat. They do what they want when they want.

I much prefer dogs. :)
This was my first thought. I scrolled down to see you had posted it and was amused/bummed.

Give it a few days, she'll be sleeping on your face and whining for food at 5am before you know it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Simon's cat is classic! This is another good one:

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back