i am freaking! need help with nikon d60...

Haxan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi, i just bought nikon d60. i know this sounds really trivial, but i don't know how can i see the things i am pointing at with the lens on the camera dislplay. i just assumed that i will see what i "see" with the lens on the display when i turn the camera on... instead i had this menu with lots of options and stuff. i never had a digital camera before, only film and i just got the crazy idea i will be able see things only through the camera view-finder. pls assure me its not so! :meh:

with the d60, you do not have the live view that is to see what you are shooting before you take the picture. you have to look through the view finder to see what you are going to photograph. i think only higher end models can offer that capability.

B2k

Welcome to the forum.

Most cheap 'digi cams' and some of the newer DSLR cameras allow for 'live view' on the LCD screen.

You will have to look through the viewfinder to see what the lens is seeing...this is much better than viewing on the screen anyway.

hi, i just bought nikon d60. i know this sounds really trivial, but i don't know how can i see the things i am pointing at with the lens on the camera dislplay. i just assumed that i will see what i "see" with the lens on the display when i turn the camera on... instead i had this menu with lots of options and stuff. i never had a digital camera before, only film and i just got the crazy idea i will be able see things only through the camera view-finder. pls assure me its not so! :meh:

oh boy.... you've got a lot of work ahead of you...lol... keep learning and enjoy your camera.....

with the d60, you do not have the live view that is to see what you are shooting before you take the picture. you have to look through the view finder to see what you are going to photograph. i think only higher end models can offer that capability.

B2k

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!! :madass:

i was so hoping you wouldnt say that.

jesus ****ing christ.....

Live View.. meh, you don't need it anyway. Do you have trouble seeing through viewfinders?

Welcome to the forum.

Most cheap 'digi cams' and some of the newer DSLR cameras allow for 'live view' on the LCD screen.

You will have to look through the viewfinder to see what the lens is seeing...this is much better than viewing on the screen anyway.

i was looking at the camera in the shop but i just automaticly assumed its got live view. do you know which nikon types have that? possibly in the same price area. i am leaving in two days for holiday and now it seems i have to quickly replace the camera. i am such a wreck now... :(

Sucks when you dont thuroghly do the research. If you want live view just purchase a D3 or D300 dont even research the price....this thread is to funny.

Live View.. meh, you don't need it anyway. Do you have trouble seeing through viewfinders?

well after transition from film i was really looking forward to have live view... there would be lots of explanation why but the bare fact is that right now i am absolutely convinced of its use for me.

Sucks when you dont thuroghly do the research. If you want live view just purchase a D3 or D300 dont even research the price....this thread is to funny.

i agree. i did my research... but i just somehow missed this. :confused:

Dude, no need for live view. My camera has it and I've only used it a few times when the camera was really low and I couldn't see through the viewfinder.

.....lol

Oh man. I haven't had a good laugh in a while.

See that little viewfinder? THAT'S your live view.

And you Nikon people think us Canon folks are weird. :p

If you want live view, get a D3 (it'll cost you though) or a Canon 40D. Or, you know, you could go out and buy a simple point and shoot that composes through the lcd only.

Wow, if you're "wrecked" by the fact that a D60 (which is a superb entry-level body btw) does not have live view, you might want to reconsider the move to DSLRs.

If Live view is your priority, get a P&S. There plenty of relatively inexpensive, great quality point and shoots. The Canon G9, for example.

The lowest model in the Canon DSLR lineup (i don't know Nikons as well) with Live View is the XSI or 450D.

But again, if your main concern (it almost seems like it's your only concern...) is having the live-view, you should seriously reconsider getting into DSLRS.

Not only does it look rather dumb for someone to be using Live View on every single shot, it also compromises your stability due to the extra weight and decrease from 3 contact points on the Camera to 2.

^- even then you can buy little angled pieces for the viewfinder. :)

I admit, it's a handy feature to have in awkward situations but doesn't it cut off after 30 seconds or so, plus it's bound to introduce heat to the sensor and i always thought that was a problem with long exposures.. heat introducing noise etc... just sayin'

Most reactions

Back