I got a little pussy tonight!

I could have lived my whole life without ever hearing that story. Thanks a lot. :BangHead:

20140524_0002 by n8.iverson, on Flickr

My cat is my most willing photography subject, my dog will tolerate a bit but eventually wants to be left alone. They can be a little tricky with flash photography, their eyelids are a little too quick for TTL flash or for nikon CLS pre-flashes so you either have to go manual or crank the iso :)

Congrats on the new family member.

I judge people by the way they treat animals. You seem alright.
geez. what does that say about me then?

It says a lot, actually. An unfortunate post, but revealing.

Runnah, that was an easy call to make! Now that you've helped her, this little creature will give the love back in spades. :heartpump: Will probably grow into a photogenic kitty, too! It's win-win!

I could have lived my whole life without ever hearing that story. Thanks a lot. :BangHead:
sorry. I don't think it was a special trip he was bringing me down there duck hunting or something. Otherwise he probably would have done away with them like the chickens or whatever. It really isn't any better now is it? People let them go "free" like runnahs cat (saved that things life ) to die of starvation, cold or disease. Or they bring them to a shelter which leaves it shoved in a cage for a couple months and if no one takes it euthanizes it or transfers it to a shelter that will.
They do give discounts on fixing them now though to prevent those past ways of ridding them. I think back then people just asked there neighbors. No takers they did away with them on their own. Runnah saved that cat though probably another good soul letting the animal they don't want to "go free" which pretty much means slow miserable death.

So glad you helped her! Get her all fixed up and then spayed when she is doing better. I'm surprised the vet bill was so low! When I worked at an animal hospital we would have people bring in animals they found all the time which had been injured or sick then raise a huge fuss when they got the bill (usually the bill included a huge discount since it was a found animal). Try to keep her as an indoor cat and you'll have fewer vet bills (I know, easier said than done sometimes, my daughters cat spends her time outdoors).

I love cats! Though I am allergic to them. I can pet and play with them outside and then wash my hands. Maybe one day when I have my own yard I can. So glad you adopted the kitty :)

Runnah, that was an easy call to make! Now that you've helped her, this little creature will give the love back in spades. :heartpump: Will probably grow into a photogenic kitty, too! It's win-win!

I won't be sharing pussy pics all over the internet if thats what you mean.

There's hope for you, yet. WTG, Runnah. :icon_thumleft: :icon_cat:

Ah yes. A little objective lesson in understanding that context is everything.

2 pages and no one has said it yet? Ok ok fine I will.

RUNNAH stop using on-camera-flash!

Seriously that's abusive not to at least tilt the head of the flash or get it off-camera!! Gah and whilst were're at it lets talk about angles and such too....

Dawws cute kitty and good luck with her - hope she pulls through it all and grows up strong!

Well folks it's not looking good. Woke up to her having a seizure and voiding bowels. At the emergency vet and they are thinking rabies so chances are she will have to be put down.

Well folks it's not looking good. Woke up to her having a seizure and voiding bowels. At the emergency vet and they are thinking rabies so chances are she will have to be put down.

Holy crap! I'm sorry to hear this. :'(

Also, this may mean a painful series of shots for your household :(

Yeah she is no more. Will have to wait for test results.

The good news is that she was warm and fed for her last days.

Most reactions

Back