I just bought a D700!!!!

AtuspidsGoddess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
....is it normal to feel this fluttery scared feeling in the pit of my stomach for dropping $2,300 on a camera?:confused:

Congrats on the new purchase... its time to update your sig and yes I am very jealous :(

Does anyone have a guide on how to justify spending 2300$ on a hobby purchase to the wife?

Congrats! I've used one and there a great tool! I'm thinking about getting one next year for college. But by then they (hopefully) might have replaced it.

Congrats on the new purchase... its time to update your sig and yes I am very jealous :(

Does anyone have a guide on how to justify spending 2300$ on a hobby purchase to the wife?

Here's how I'm justifying mine: I just bought him a hobby car...an '85 Rx7 and he's looking to rebuild that thing with a new turbo engine of some sort that's gonna run me another $1500 just for the engine...let's not mention the body work and cool add-ons he's gonna stick on that thing too.

But even with that justification, I still feel guilty...prob because I remember the pain of earning every single dime.

Here's how I'm justifying mine: I just bought him a hobby car...an '85 Rx7 and he's looking to rebuild that thing with a new turbo engine of some sort that's gonna run me another $1500 just for the engine...let's not mention the body work and cool add-ons he's gonna stick on that thing too.

But even with that justification, I still feel guilty...prob because I remember the pain of earning every single dime.

Turbo motor for 1500??? WHERE?!?!? Try 3500 lol.

Turbo motor for 1500??? WHERE?!?!? Try 3500 lol.

No idea..I just know it's some sort of motor from a newer model...can't say I know anything 'bout cars!!!!!! You're prob right...

Because you had a D200, the button and contols layout will be virtually identical.

You now have a much more usable, upgraded auto focus module, and any DX lenses you have will not project a large enough image circle to use the entire image sensor.

Enjoy.

Congrats!! And I think...yes, completely normal. I nearly had a panic attack when I spent $1800 on all my new stuff. But in the end you'll get over it and you'll love your new camera.

Because you had a D200, the button and contols layout will be virtually identical.

You now have a much more usable, upgraded auto focus module, and any DX lenses you have will not project a large enough image circle to use the entire image sensor.

Enjoy.

Will not or will now?

Most reactions

Back