KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yep. The last straw was placed on the pile.
They won't be making any more money on the very, very little information they had been able to mine about me.
Which means they probably didn't make much, if any money by selling my info.
Oh! No. Not TPF!

Zuckerberg - et al, Facebook.
I told 'em today to delete, not disable, my account.

There more info about me here on tpf than on Facebook. This latest is a distraction from the real news about what that info was used for and by whom.

There more info about me here on tpf than on Facebook. This latest is a distraction from the real news about what that info was used for and by whom.

true. its easier to shoot the messenger.
i was kinda surprised to see what apps were on my page. not very many, but some i had barely even used.

You're too old to be spam-botted and I'm not manually deleting all your posts darn it! ;)

You'll just have to stay - FOREVER - here!

I use FB to see what my friends etc are up to.
I block all the news & game popups by using the option to Hide Ads, etc.
I also NEVER use FB to log in to any other website/app. NEVER
I also NEVER use any apps/games through FB
All posts are NOT Public searchable, only friends of friends. etc etc.

So my FB is clean.

I also put as little personal information on that as possible.
I'm also very little swayed by Advertisement.
Having been in advertising I notice the little tricks of the trade .. "someone blah blah blah, look at what they did". Gawd, how corny of a method but it gets ppl all the time.

Plus many news places are tilted heavy one way or another.

I do have to say, they reset the security last month. So I had to get back to blocking ads and junk again.

People just have to get back to the basics of what it is ... that would tame it a lot more. But truthfully people are so gullible to advertisements, etc.

FB doesn't get much, actually they get nothing from me. Really. I do own their stock, as I know they know how to make money off of people. FB is up $1.24/share today so far and rebounding.

Last edited:
@Overread I do all of these plus I refused to download the FB app even on phone or tablet.

I've done a lot of what you've done Astro. Thanks for the info. Jason, I checked apps and I've blocked and minimized as much as possible but they have made changes in the past so I've had to go back in and recheck etc. I mostly touch base with friends who are people I actually know in real life.

One thing about being home during the day is I sometimes hear or see something that doesn't seem to be mentioned much. There was something when Facebook and Twitter and Google/YouTube were called in to a congressional committee and they just sent their lawyers, and a congresswoman (I forget who) saying something to about either they do something about it or 'we' (Congress) will do it for you. So now it seems like the CEO(s) will have to get their butts there (or at least one will!).

I think they should be held accountable for what they allow on their websites; we all are accountable for what we do and say, businesses have some accountability too, and just because it's online doesn't mean they should let it be a free for all. I agree, what's happened because of it has been unacceptable.

I just looked and I don't even see Apps, maybe I obliterated them completely! I see plenty of other useless crap in that column.

Yep. The last straw was placed on the pile.
They won't be making any more money on the very, very little information they had been able to mine about me.
Which means they probably didn't make much, if any money by selling my info.
Oh! No. Not TPF!

Zuckerberg - et al, Facebook.
I told 'em today to delete, not disable, my account.

I'd change locations while you're at it, just to be super-safe!

Remote cabin for sale Properties - Yakaz

Most reactions

Back