I'm so frustrated I want to throw my camera!

damnit. you KNOW i edit every single post I make at least a dozen times!

Do not know anything about
Bryan Peterson but just checked his site and it is awful. Text inside crippled over-compressed images, like it 1995 again.

^^ it's the hair, I tell you. It's like a ripple in the space-time continuum.

Without examples it's hard to know if you are over-reacting and unable to see your true genius or if you do truly suck. Don't throw the camera away quite yet though. "good" photo how-to books are helpful. instructional videos might be helpful; I don't know. I've never tried one. It always seems to me that people benefit most by reading the manual for the camera first and taking pictures with someone else who can show you in the real world how to deal with the challenge which is every single picture you will take. It comes easier for some than others but just about anyone who sticks with it can produce great photographs

@ SimoOtakuGirl: Since the images you take don't match your expectations, you obviously know what you want. But we can't help you unless you show us what you have, and what process you are using to get to your goal. Also, as has been mentioned, a picture or two that illustrate what you think is wrong would help us understand and perhaps even see what the problem is.

@unpopular: "Understanding Exposure" can be taken on two levels - a how-to guide for beginners, and a "can you find what is wrong/doesn't belong" for more advanced photographers. On the balance, there are more things right in that book than wrong, and if beginners took it as a "guide" where they took his advice as a starting point, and then improved on it, then it will have helped them.

As for "disdain", that's a pretty ugly emotion in my book, implying that the person doing the disdaining is on a pedestal of virtue and excellence sneering at the less-gifted people who cannot reach his/her level of exhalted performance or ability. So, I am hoping that it represents an unfortunate choice of words.

No matter what kind of lighting and camera settings I use none of my pictures come out the way I want them to. I want to take macro shots but it's too much exposure or too little light or too blurry no matter what settings I use. I hate my camera I'm so upset!

How long have you been shooting? Are you shooting in manual mode? It took me a good 3 months of practice for me to really understand how iso, aperture and shutter speed work together..One day, it just clicked. I had no idea how difficult photography was until I decided to learn to shoot in manual mode. I did a lot of reading and watched a lot of videos on You Tube. It takes time to learn and you will get it. Heck, if I got it, anyone can..LOL!!

Throw it my way.

Post what you have shot

As for "disdain", that's a pretty ugly emotion in my book, implying that the person doing the disdaining is on a pedestal of virtue and excellence sneering at the less-gifted people who cannot reach his/her level of exhalted performance or ability. So, I am hoping that it represents an unfortunate choice of words.

or an enormous amount of sarcasm and hyperbole. certainly you didn't think I REALLY have a problem with Derrel?

or an enormous amount of sarcasm and hyperbole. certainly you didn't think I REALLY have a problem with Derrel?

Yeah, but sarcasm and hyperbole need a special font. And no, I hope you don't have a problem with Derrel - well, if you do, then that's between the two of you. ;)

and I'm being very passive aggressive about it :)

unpopular said:
F*ck bryan peterson.

there. i said it.

Lol that's not beating around the bush.

I'm not saying its the perfect book but it does have some good points to help better your understand your camera etc.

In that case, who or what would II recommend if he's that bad?

unpopular said:
bryan peterson makes beginners feel like they're getting something when they aren't. it's just a bunch of fluff.

that, and his hair. wtf. he looks like kenny g with a camera.

Maybe they're related lol

Don't take it out on the camera. It's not the camera's fault, it's lack of knowledge. So you just need to get the knowledge you need.

There's a lot of people here who will help you to get it, but you have to help us to know what you need. We need the images with settings and camera information along with you telling us what you envisioned.

I had the same feeling as you a few weeks ago. But my camera is a bit important to me, so I opted to throw myself off the ledge before my camera :p.

My advice is this... step back. Breathe. Take a break. Even a one day mental break will do wonders for you. There is so much to take in when it comes to photography. When I learned it in school, I felt like I was a natural. Flash forward 12 years... I feel like I've never touched a camera in my life. I find when I notice that I just can't take any more, a mental break is very much needed just to regroup.

Now that I feel like my head is back where I need it to be, I actually started posting photos and seem to be getting better results than when I was shooting, shooting, shooting, ready to throw the camera but still shooting.

Don't take it out on the camera. It's not the camera's fault, it's lack of knowledge. So you just need to get the knowledge you need.

This really about sums it up. Learn to use your tools properly. Once you understand your tools, remember that true craftsman don't blame their tools.

Frustration is part of growing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back