I'm so frustrated I want to throw my camera!

There is no reason to give up. You're having some trouble, I think, with previsualization. You probably did not notice the shadow, because your mind locked onto the subject and said "nice, pretty flowers". When we look at photographs, for some reason we lack the ability to do this.

You'll get it, but you'll need to develop a better attention to detail. It's not really something that comes naturally.

SimOtakuGirl, I use a number of P&S cameras for my day-to-day shooting and it is possible to get very good results IF you know what the limitations are of your equipment and how to get around most of them. Perhaps, you can start by telling us what you were trying to do, and what you were hoping to achieve. If you tell us the specific make and model of P&S camera you're using, we may be able to figure out the amount of control you can expect to exercise over the machine. And from there, we go to the steps you need to take to get decent photos.

Vary hard lighting, poor focus, the subject is to close to the background. And the subject is a really bad one. Why a dirty fake plant?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Because I was just testing stuff. I'm sorry it's a bad one. I obviously suck at this. Every photo I've uploaded has been bashed so I'm giving up.
Exactly the response I'd expect from a petulant teenager. You have some pretty extensively educated professional photographers here trying to help you and you are having a temper tantrum.
Either cut it out and act like you are over the age of 10 or by all means-give up.

Helping you to fix what is wrong or incorrect with your photos is how you learn. It wouldn't do you a lick of good if we came in here and said "you're simply amazing."
It's not bashing. If you want someone to tell you that your photos are great-ask your friends and family. Don't ask for help learning or CC. Help and CC is a matter of fixing what is wrong with an image.

So, either put on your big girl panties and grow-or flounce.
Learn and grow or act like a child.

Your choice.

If she's really a petulant child, do you think the lecture will help?

If she's not, and was just blowing off steam, do you think the lecture was necessary?

Is the lecture actually just you blowing off steam in a rather immature fashion, ultimately, but dressing it up in grown up clothes to hide the fact?

questions to ponder!

If she's not, and was just blowing off steam, do you think the lecture was necessary?

Is the lecture actually just you blowing off steam in a rather immature fashion, ultimately, but dressing it up in grown up clothes to hide the fact?

questions to ponder!

Perhaps a harsh lecture is just what the petulant child needed to push them to a more realistic approach to the forum. it sure beats a sound spanking and going to bed without their supper. they cant have any pudding if they don't eat their meat.

If the OP was just "blowing off steam", then Mleek's "lecture" very well may have saved the OP from completely alienating the rest of the forum willing to help after the childish tantrums. so yes, the lecture very well may have been necessary.

I doubt there are many here on the forum that have dedicated more time and effort to helping and mentoring people here than Mleek.
She takes her role as a mentor seriously, and doesn't give advice, or criticism lightly, and so it should not be taken lightly. this is Mleek
trying to help someone, not ranting.

questions to ponder!
Where have you been??? I haven't rubbed you wrong in AT LEAST a week or two? I've been doing something very wrong or you've been doing other things!

it is likely that the motives for the "lecture" was for the benefit of the lecturer than the self-imposed teacher's student; as is the case generally with such condescending lessons.

No matter what kind of lighting and camera settings I use none of my pictures come out the way I want them to. I want to take macro shots but it's too much exposure or too little light or too blurry no matter what settings I use. I hate my camera I'm so upset!

Im sorry you have so much stress with your cam. Bracketing helps me as well as lots of practice. sometimes harsh lite is bad too. Good luck

What camera and lens are you using?

Looking at the picture, it's not 2 by 3 format. So it's with a compact camera. Probably with only automatic settings.
Difficult to put a macro lens on these cams.

Maybe with a macro converter set on the lens?

questions to ponder!
Where have you been??? I haven't rubbed you wrong in AT LEAST a week or two? I've been doing something very wrong or you've been doing other things!

I like to think you've been rubbing me oh so right!

As for people who want to throw cameras, there are still Single Use Cameras still available in store.

As for people who want to throw cameras, there are still Single Use Cameras still available in store.
SUPER CHEAP TOO!!! No need to sell a Twinkie collection to obtain a throwable camera!

Every time I see Bryan Peterson I want to give him a bowl of soup, a warm blanket, and some pocket change.

Well with that unfortunate attitude, I now have to wait to see if she even plans on sticking around before I take time to formulate a response to help. I'd hate to think I spent the time only to find out it was wasted on someone unappreciative.

Well with that unfortunate attitude, I now have to wait to see if she even plans on sticking around before I take time to formulate a response to help. I'd hate to think I spent the time only to find out it was wasted on someone unappreciative.

that's really a risk anyone takes when giving C&C. no guarantee the recipient will process or appreciate the time and effort you put in to the evaluation. all you can do is make your best guess and decide whether you want to participate or not. and hope for the best when you do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back