I'm so frustrated I want to throw my camera!

As for "disdain", that's a pretty ugly emotion in my book, implying that the person doing the disdaining is on a pedestal of virtue and excellence sneering at the less-gifted people who cannot reach his/her level of exhalted performance or ability. So, I am hoping that it represents an unfortunate choice of words.

or an enormous amount of sarcasm and hyperbole. certainly you didn't think I REALLY have a problem with Derrel?

unpopular and I go back and forth in open forum, but behind the scenes we're actually off-line "PM friends"...he's so full of chit that I've been considering having him ground up and spread around the rose bushes this coming spring!!! See...I just made a funny!!! At his expense! Woooo-hooo--next shot's coming MY WAY!!!! (and knowing him, it'll be a huge, broadside salvo--that totally misses!!!!)

Don't take it out on the camera. It's not the camera's fault, it's lack of knowledge. So you just need to get the knowledge you need.

This really about sums it up. Learn to use your tools properly. Once you understand your tools, remember that true craftsman don't blame their tools.

Frustration is part of growing.

You never have owned any of those cheap, $5.98 Chinese-made socket wrench sets....Ugggg...what utter rubbish....

I know that the OP has a simple P&S digital, and it's frustrating to her...

You never have owned any of those cheap, $5.98 Chinese-made socket wrench sets....Ugggg...what utter rubbish....

You're right. I also know enough to not start with crap. You get what you pay for.

As for starting with a P&S, well, I think for the most part, that is what a LOT of people start with these days. Again, you have to learn how to use it. Point and shoots sometimes aren't just as simple as pointing and shooting when you have an "artistic vision" in mind. So, even though it's a simple P&S, you should still learn all of it's functions, its strengths, and its weaknesses.

Looks like she is shooting a Sanyo vpc-s880. . . not too bad, but there are certainly better. . . but that can also be said about just about everything.

I know that the OP has a simple P&S digital, and it's frustrating to her...
A'-friggin'-men! Yes, 90% of the time, it's not the camera's fault, but there are occasions when the tools are such poor quality, or so limited in their ability that it really is their fault. Hopefully the OP will come back soon and elaborate a little more as well as post some some images with the issues about which she has concern.

Breath and stop thinking too damn much.

Here's what I mean...
$testpictures 001.JPG
$testpictures 002.JPG
$testpictures 003.JPG

Considering what you have to work with, the most obvious problem I am seeing is that the background is too close to the subject, resulting in awkward shadows.

Understand though that photography isn't like painting, you don't have total control and an important part of photography is letting things be as they are and what they are. That's not to say your vision isn't important, but it's a matter of utilizing the world we live in to express it and understanding how photography can do that.

Vary hard lighting, poor focus, the subject is to close to the background. And the subject is a really bad one. Why a dirty fake plant?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
What camera and lens are you using?
You left out the settings on these.
If you are using flash with macro work you really need a ring light.
Macro is also best done using the camera on a tripod.

^^ OP is using a P&S. She's expecting a DSLR as a gift this xmas or birthday.

^^ OP is using a P&S. She's expecting a DSLR as a gift this xmas or birthday.
Yes, but WHAT P&S and does it have controls we can teach her how to use?

That ridiculous to just give up....Why not try to learn from the bright minds like MLeeK and unpopular?

In photography it is easy to HATE.....I used to hate color Polaroid especially 8x10 the color was never right, hate sometimes passes but not 8x10 Polaroid, glad I don,t use it any more. Hang on it will pass! Just post some images and let the community help you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back