Inconsistent Gaps between neg frames

andersenb4004

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently after developing my film some of the gaps between my frames are uneven. I am using a mamiya rb67 pro s and im assuming its something wrong with the pressure plate. Any advice or input on what else it could be? thanks!

Recently after developing my film some of the gaps between my frames are uneven. I am using a mamiya rb67 pro s and im assuming its something wrong with the pressure plate. Any advice or input on what else it could be? thanks!

I wouldn't blame the pressure plate. That's more likely wear, something getting loose, and/or dirt in the advance mechanism of the back. You need to have the back serviced.

Joe

More likely in the film advance mechanism. If it's not extreme and if the frames aren't overlapping then you might want to just ignore it. Repair would likely cost more than getting another working back.

Yeah its only on a few frames and then the 10th image gets cut off, would like to get all 10 but if repair is gonna be a lot maybe not worth it. Might try and pick up a new back at some point instead. Thanks guys

You can probably buy a replacement back on flea-Bay for a lot less than the cost of any repairs. Buy the new back and then take this one apart and see what makes it tick.

just joined this site and this was my first post really thankful for the community helping out thanks a ton for the good adive guys

I wish my tenth shot would not work. Since I bracket +1 and -1, I get three scenes times three exposures or nine shots per on my RB67. Then I get to the tenth shot, and don;t know what to do. If I'm not feeling too cheap, I'll just roll off the film and load a fresh roll.

Welcome to the world of medium format rollfilm backs! Inconsistent spacing between the frames has long been a problem of many models and types of rollfilm cameras, both on cameras that use interchangeable backs, as well as on quite a few cameras that have no "back", but just a feed and a takeup spool. I had an old Ricoh twin-lens reflex that had terrible spacing problems. I like Alan Klein's no-nonsense attitude in post #7, above.

Another advantage of 9 is that you can cut the negative strip each scene of three shots and then place the three cuts in a single glassine sheet, 3 shots per row. 3+3+3. I don;t have 3+3+2+2 that the processor gives me. It also fits the three shot holder of my Epson V600 scanner. That 10th shot is like a 6th finger.

Most reactions

Back