It's official!!! 5d Mark III @ dpreview

Finally, as of today i'm saving for a mark II.:meh:

zcar21 said:
Finally, as of today i'm saving for a mark II.:meh:

I feel ya lol I got an email from b&h and my initial thought was exactly that lol

I like the specs, but my true opinion will wait for sample shots from people reviewing it. I would of been in the backorder/preorder line if it was 3k or less, but at 3.5k I think the 7D will pair up well with the 5DII since I'm passing my 50D off to the girlfriend.

JustinZ850 said:
I like the specs, but my true opinion will wait for sample shots from people reviewing it. I would of been in the backorder/preorder line if it was 3k or less, but at 3.5k I think the 7D will pair up well with the 5DII since I'm passing my 50D off to the girlfriend.

Yup. Waiting for the day my 7d becomes my second cam.

I'm looking forward to the next few months worth of real-world assessment and review by real users and not just vendors.

That new 600EX-RT Speedlite is looking really interesting too. Can't wait to see how that plays out in real-world testing. It's long overdue that speedlights adopted radio communication and dumped that pre-flash line of sight nonsense. This is a great step forward.

Buckster said:
I'm looking forward to the next few months worth of real-world assessment and review by real users and not just vendors.

That new 600EX-RT Speedlite is looking really interesting too. Can't wait to see how that plays out in real-world testing. It's long overdue that speedlights adopted radio communication and dumped that pre-flash line of sight nonsense. This is a great step forward.

I'd like to see the final word on the d800 vs this

I kinda feel that the 5D MkIII is the camera that the D800 should have been.

Exactly this.... Exactly what I'm looking for in an upgrade. But I'm a Nikon shooter and I'm not willing to switch over. I might just want until the next release then :(

And it's funny, the D800 is what alot of Canon shooters wish the 5D3 was......

I dunno...I'll know within the next week if i'll be getting one. If I switch, it will be all or nothing. EOS 1V, 5DIII, 24 f/1.4L, and the 50 f/1.4. That will cover 90% of my photographic needs pro/pleasure. I'll rent the rest of it when need be.

Most reactions

Back