just a bit of fly fishing...

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really didn't know where to post this, so please move it if it's not the right place

I went for a walk and met with my husband...
He was, of course, fly fishing...

I would like to know how many of fly fishers are here on TPF?

080214_0136-Large-841x560.jpg

080214_0125-Large-841x560.jpg

080214_0110-Large-841x560.jpg

Last edited:
First off, God I miss fly fishing!!!!!! Lol. Really like the first one. Looks like a good day to be out. Then again, what day isn't? Sorry for the useless reply, but I'm on my cell phone.

It's 10 degrees here and we're bracing for another snow and ice storm. Your pictures are killing me. Great shots BTW. I fly fish, tie my own flies, and I'm a fly fishing merit badge counselor for the Boy Scouts.

Nice shots, enjoyed the blog write up ... I don't miss an opportunity to fly fish. :thumbup:

Flurries by Nokinrocks, on Flickr

What wouldn't you do just to fly fish! Oh boys, boys! Take care over there!

And thanks for the blog write up, I know it's just a girl's point of view, but I guess it's ok for the first time and that little time available, and don't I forget the rain :)

First off, God I miss fly fishing!!!!!! Lol. Really like the first one. Looks like a good day to be out. Then again, what day isn't? Sorry for the useless reply, but I'm on my cell phone.

Exactly the words my husband use. I even know what are really bad conditions for fly fishing, because he's home then lol

It's 10 degrees here and we're bracing for another snow and ice storm. Your pictures are killing me. Great shots BTW. I fly fish, tie my own flies, and I'm a fly fishing merit badge counselor for the Boy Scouts.

And I here want some snow :)
He fly fish, ties his own flies, and apparently he's good in both of those. He grew up next to two rivers (he just need to step out of our backyard and there's the first river, few steps more and there's the second river) and has been fishing since he was 6 years old.

I thought that there are more fly fishers here on TPF

I thought that there are more fly fishers here on TPF

I can only have one technical and expensive hobby at a time.

I do regular lure and bait fishing. Mostly because I can sit in a boat and drink beer.

I used to fly fish as a kid, but then my attention turned to casting weighted spinners for steelhead and salmon. Haven't picked up a fly rod in years now, all pretty much spinning and some baitcasting. Over the last decade, I've done more float and jig fishing than before, but still prefer spinning lures that I make.Here's a half-dozen matte silver-plated size 4 French blade spinners I made. iPhone snap on the paper plate on which I was building them.

$IMG_5293 Worth #4 matte silver.jpg

I love jig fishing. Having great success with a wacky jig for largemouth. Smallmouths love the spinners.

I do put on a jitterbug from time to time at dusk.

And I here want some snow :)
He fly fish, ties his own flies, and apparently he's good in both of those. He grew up next to two rivers (he just need to step out of our backyard and there's the first river, few steps more and there's the second river) and has been fishing since he was 6 years old.

Maria is too modest to say but her husband is on their national fly fishing team, which gives you some idea of just how good he really is.

I knew there must be more of you.... :)

I can only have one technical and expensive hobby at a time.

I hear you.
Our money goes to fly fishing and photography, but mostly to fly fishing, since he is more serious in ff then me in photography.

I like the fact that he's into ff, as Josh said about the stress. Every fly fisher I met and talked to, mentioned that fly fishing is a great way of dealing with stress. I envy them.

My hb was into a few kinds of fishing over the years. Good is that now he has his own fishing related space in the house. Rods, reels, other gear, waders, materials, feathers, furs... you name it.

Derrel and runnah, we don't have salmon here. We have trout and grayling. Most of people that come here seem to have some kind of respect to grayling. And I had to ask my hb what does that words you and runnah mentioned mean: lure, jig :)

Lew, it really didn't cross my mind even once while I was writing this, to mention that. If someone asked me how good he is, I would tell, but as I remember I mentioned that once some time ago.

Most reactions

Back