Just got a kitten.

We have two cats, a solid black (Clementine), and a black/white long-hair feral (Kora). Just can't get good shots of either. The trick with Clementine is to get her to a place where there is some indirect back light to shine off her fur, but catching her in such a place is next to impossible. And she doesn't understand the concept of "stay". Yes, I know, she's a cat. But my last cat, Winston, went where he was directed, and usually stayed at least a minute in whatever place I put him. Clementine, on the other hand, is a free spirit. So one of these days, I'll post one of her as well. As for Kora, she's a wild one - becomes semi-civilized only when she's really hungry. She definitely is not the posing type.

So the fact that you got good shots of both Valentino and Stinker, shows you have some good photographic skills!

I appreciate the compliment, but it's really hard. I am not doing it seriously, with light, and stuff. I am trying to get them used to the camera, and it's noises. Valentino no longer jumps with the shutter click. Valentino looks away from the camera when you get close. Pooper tries to grab the camera when you get close, and gets closer if I am too far away. It's really funny, as I see you know full well. The camera struggles to focus black fur, but if his eye is visible, and there is some catch light, the camera grabs it well. I like the new focusing system on the ne camera, I expanded the focusing area, and had much more success in low light.

I brought my flashes home, and I'll try introducing them. But I KNOW, Valentino will flip out and Pooper will want to eat them. :lmao:

I am happy getting even some of the cute blurry images mostly because we have very few pictures of our old boy, and most from when he had cancer lip.

Oh god, I sound like a parent.

Even though she is still a little camera shy, Gabby wanted to say Hi to Valentino and Pooper.

i-8f2Fzxv-XL.jpg

:biglaugh:

Is he "playing the Cello"?

How's Gabby doing? I haven't seen you update your "I got a cat" thread in a while.

:biglaugh:

Is She "playing the Cello"?

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? :biglaugh:

It was one of those times where you didn't want to watch, felt kinda Uncle Ernie all of a sudden, but you take the shot anyway. Knowing full well there will be a time that it's gonna crack me up. Welcome to my world. :biggrin:

Gabby's doing fine. I haven't been blasting her with the camera because she still gets a little funny. She's done very well over the last few weeks about gonig outside and staying around. It's helping with the litter box thing too.

My Other half volunteers for the RSPCA and has up to 15 cats and kittens here at any one time. I even had to make a proper cattery for them. Its almost a full time job for my other half, even though its a hobby. My hobby is photography so I photograph them all the time, its good practice I must say. After they are old enough or well enough, they go back to the RSPCA and she gets a new batch. Now the RSPCA are using my photos! Im pretty chuffed at that. I was never much of a cat person but now...Well they are cute!

Thanks for posting new pictures today so I could find this thread. I just read the whole thing and enjoyed every second.
I love pretty much all animals and have had a few different kinds, but oh how the kitties tug at my heart! Yours are gorgeous and you are awesome to have rescued them both :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back