Merry Christmas, Judi - You inspired this

pgriz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, we all have admired Judi's (PixelRabbit) "Fine Art in Motion" series, and I have from time to time tried to emulate her approach with mostly poor results. However, occasionally one gets lucky. Personally, I like this one, but if it doesn't appeal to you, well, so be it. For me, the leaves at the center do it, even they are a rather small part of the image. Anyways, comments, critiques, and off-topic banter ... all good.

Snowscape_2_4180.JPG

Edit: however, the image is a lot softer here than on my screen... may have to replace it once I figure out why it's getting "mushy".

Last edited:
This is beautiful, Paul!

Thank you, Leonore! :icon_hug: However, the image is much less clear on TPF than it is on my screen, at the same resolution, and has much less "punch". Ah. May have to try something else. But I'm glad you like even the less than perfect reproduction of what I hoped to show.

I like it, reaching out to new ideas. Cool

Really nice! How exactly does one get something like this?

Just remember, have someone else do the driving, as doing scenic tours of ditches is not as exciting as you might think!

Thanks Paul, I won't try this on any mountain roads while driving alone now. :)

Paul.... I have just one emoticon for you.....:icon_thumleft:

I like it, reaching out to new ideas. Cool

Thanks, Ed. Judi is a master at this technique. What I like about it is that it changes the focus of the image, with the part being panned becoming the visual center, and the foreground/background becoming motion-blurred, more than one can achieve with using a shallow DOF. Plus, the blur, when sharpened, often takes on a painterly appearance.

I like it...very close to Judi's style:)

Thank you Chris. Although I use the same basic technique as Judi, we should acknowledge that there is only one Judi.

Thanks Paul, I won't try this on any mountain roads while driving alone now. :)

That is wisdom talking. Although I do violate my own rules on this. However, I do it on straight country roads, with no ditches and no traffic. So that if I DO go off the road, the consequences are not dramatic. But it's a lot less stressful if someone else is manning (or womanning :icon_hug: ) the wheel.

Nice work Paul!

Thank you, John.

Very good! I tried it a while ago too but didn't get any results I was happy enough with

Yeah. It takes a LOT of tries before you get something remotely decent. This one came out of about 20 attempts, and I had to do some cropping to eliminate stuff that didn't contribute. It's also quite a random thing - some combinations work better than others. I'm still experimenting to see how to creatively use this technique. As with most learning situations, there's a lot of stuff that doesn't work - you just have to keep at it to figure out what DOES work.

Paul.... I have just one emoticon for you.....:icon_thumleft:

Thank you, Marija - glad you're back with us. It's just not quite the same without you.

Thank you, Marija - glad you're back with us. It's just not quite the same without you.
awwwwwwwwwwwww

That's nice to hear! Thank you!:icon_hug:

I won't be modest and say that I don't agree with you tho ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back