Methods to selling sports photos?

Just some off the top of my head ideas:
a) Smaller images on your website, with big watermarks.
b) Pass out flyers with contact info & EXACT web link to the preview photos for the event they are at: yoursite.com/schoolname_event/
c) Have easy way to order prints online. The fewer steps that have to take, the better.
d) Your age might be a problem for some, you're only a few years older than their own kids. This DOES impact your perceived credibility regardless how good the shots are. Sad..but true.
e) Like others have said, open up your market and shoot toddler, elementary sports as well. This could be key to making some decent money.
f) Offer something unique, b&w, hdr, etc, etc.
g) Perhaps sell video clips as well. Video of baskets being made, strike outs, game winning moments, etc, etc. Might be premium content. ;)
h) Price your digital files much higher, that way if you have to negotiate you can offer substantial discounts if needed.
i) Advertise your presence at events in school newsletters, school facebook pages, local newspapers, etc, etc.
j) Try to be the "only" authorized official photographer at the school events and exploit that via your marketing.
h) I don't know your physical appearance at these events, but you may need to look the pro part, wear nice clothes, perhaps a suit, etc, etc. Look like you're worth top dollar. ;)

Good luck! :)

Most reactions

Back