MOTW - ClarinetJWD

1) Vodka, gin or beer?

2) What liquid goes in cappuccino?

3) If you did not play the clarinet what would you play?

Hey Clarinet, congrats on MOTW.

What do you want to do (job-wise), once your courses are over?

What are some of your favourite pieces to play?

What are some of your favorite TV shows?

The ultimate goal would be a symphony orchestra job, the realistic goal is a recording engineer at a studio...

I love to play pieces I love regardless of whether I have a good part in them. So: Mahler. (I'm playing Mahler 7 right now in orchestra). Stravinsky's Rite of Spring is an absolute blast to play, especially for the Eb clarinet. Hmm...Shostakovich has a good mix of bombastic playing and very emotional lines... More than anything, though, your experience with a piece is tied to the conductor you have. My Saturday morning ensemble, Camerata, isn't the sort of music most people would choose to listen to or play (contemporary music, mostly atonal, some 12 tone, etc), but our conductor (Gene Young) is so good it's worth waking up for every week.

Seinfeld, Scrubs, House, 24, How I Met Your Mother, and my favorite of all "Not Law and Order" (Corry'll get that one.)

^^^ I was gonna ask if he had any good dirt on you, but I thought better of it :p

I didn't.

She has 3 pets, but spent months without a vacuum (how's that for dirt? And fur, and dander, and...)

She lives in the middle of nowhere, which explains her post count (Sky and I like to call it Midwest Bubble****)

She has a weird habit of calling everyone Reginold...

Her brother is Samuel L. Jackson

Oh, and...
Funbagsforum.jpg

Joe, show us your own favorite shot, regardless of how old or new it is. Then tell us why it's your fave. :)

Can I have a few?

This first one (a seires from the Arlington National Cemetary) is certainly a fav of mine for the incredible emotional impact this place had on me, and the sobriety and reverence of the changing of the guard
Tombforum.jpg

This one was taken over the Summer in Galveston with Corry, and not only do I love the picture, but the company was pretty good too :)
WhiteCranesforum.jpg

I've always loved this one, it was what really pushed me down the abstract path, and it's hanging in my apartment ;)
GradientI.jpg

What would you rather have?

An inoperable disfigurement of your insides, where nothing's actually wrong, but you have to live with the knowledge that you have a tumour or a growth of some sort inside of you, that while it doesnt' do anything, is still pretty freaky.

Or.

A really ugly baby.

Which would you choose?

You know you're insane.

Tumor. Only I know it's there!

I didn't.

She has 3 pets, but spent months without a vacuum (how's that for dirt? And fur, and dander, and...)

She lives in the middle of nowhere, which explains her post count (Sky and I like to call it Midwest Bubble****)

She has a weird habit of calling everyone Reginold...

Her brother is Samuel L. Jackson

Oh, and...
Funbagsforum.jpg

That is such an unflattering picture of my hot knockers.

Most reactions

Back