New Car

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well... after 9 years and 116K miles, my 2004 Volkswagen R32 (Mark V) is finally gone. I am VERY sad to see her go. She was SUCH a great car, but like every VW I've ever been associated with, was STUPIDLY expensive to keep running past 75K miles or so. Spent $2K on her this year already, with $3K more threatened... I had to give up. I need a reliable car for my new job (which I start on Monday), so it was time...

SO...

I got an Acura 3.2 TL Type SH-AWD 6 speed with the tech package. Very nice car. A little (ok a LOT) more adult than the R32, but still fast as hell... in fact, it's actually faster than the R32. 0-60 in 5.4 or so. Kinda mental.

Anyway, picking her up tomorrow night. Felt like sharing.

Here's a pic or two or three...

$112_0906_11z+2009_acura_TL_SH_AWD+interior_view.jpg$2013-Acura-TL-SH-AWD-with-19-inch-wheels-rear-view-1024x640.jpg$2013-Acura-TL-Special-Edition-front-side-view-1500x996.jpg

Nice! Congrats on the spiffy new car and new job as well!

Grats on it all! Sorry to hear of your R32's passing of age... such a great car! I'm a fellow VW enthusiast myself. Have an MK6 GTI that I'm trading in tomorrow for a B8 S4 Prestige package. I'm looking for something more "adult" and "classy" myself!

oh...and....

POST PIX OF THE R32!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, pretty!!! Jealous! ;) I love those!!! Enjoy it.. and that new car smell!

Nice! Congrats on the spiffy new car and new job as well!

Thanks Tiller! :)

Grats on it all! Sorry to hear of your R32's passing of age... such a great car! I'm a fellow VW enthusiast myself. Have an MK6 GTI that I'm trading in tomorrow for a B8 S4 Prestige package. I'm looking for something more "adult" and "classy" myself!

oh...and....

POST PIX OF THE R32!!!!!!!!!!

S4??? Niiiiiiiiiiiice. That's what I really wanted, but couldn't justify the expense this time around. Next time! :) GTI is such a great car too. :) I don't have any of MY R32... at least not that I can get to easily. I need to dig them up and print one and frame it. :lol:

However, she looks like this...

$112_0406_First_Test_2004_Volkswagen_R32_05z+2004_Volkswagen_R32+Passenger_Side_View.jpg$vw_golf4R32.jpg

Oh, pretty!!! Jealous! ;) I love those!!! Enjoy it.. and that new car smell!

ha, thanks!

You know what's weird is it actually not only smells like a new car, but specifically like a new Acura. We've had a few of them over the years... they smell different than new VWs. lol

Nice!! We are VW people too, we just have a lowly GTI though, Helga Schnell, and she is evil, Mr. Rabbit is not allowed to get anything faster!

Oh and expensive to do the upkeep is an understatement!

I'd love me some MKII GTi 16v.

Of course they still use electronics from 1895.

Congratulations on both!:headbang:

Nice!! We are VW people too, we just have a lowly GTI though, Helga Schnell, and she is evil, Mr. Rabbit is not allowed to get anything faster!

ha... and yeah that R32 was really really quick. The SOUND on that thing was just awesome, too. Especially when I learned you could pull the vacuum line off the exhaust baffle so it would make that sound ALL the time. (my wife was VERY unhappy with me for doing that and is still celebrating the departure of my vehicle) :) The neighbors are probably pretty excited as well.

It's stupid. $112 an hour? I mean come on. Not that I expect my Acura will be any better, but combine the rate with the fact that anything other than the engine and the transmission on a VW explodes seemingly at random... and you have an uncool situation.

I'd love me some MKII GTi 16v.

Of course they still use electronics from 1895.

ha.
Congratulations on both!:headbang:

Thank ye, Madame de la Squirrel.

Ha. TPF is now showing me banners for a new Acura MDX. :lol:

Our tranny went last year :confused: apparently a common problem in the 2007? Luckily it was under extended warranty still but almost wasn't!

Oh and Mr. Rabbit messed with the computer to remove limiters etc...

What does that have for a gearbox? Paddles?

Most reactions

Back