but I am looking for a free course so that I can understand the photography a bit

There are a ton of "free" videos and web sites out there that cover bits and pieces. Have a specific question? Type it in the search bar and you'll have a choice of sources. I'm not aware of any "free" courses online.

As per the above comment sometimes "free" isn't the best option.

As designer said, there is a lot of bad info on the web. My late mentor stressed making images as opposed to taking them. He said I was responsible for the inside of the frame, so choose carefully. He said it is more about seeing the image and then build it. Seeing the light, shadow, line, and composition is what seperates the image maker from the image taker. I don't spend any time on "how to" videos anymore.

This is a good point, I like this a lot.

Being that I am a beginner, I still find a benefit in How-To videos and learning from other photographers, hence the reason I am here, but I really like the "maker-taker" aspect and think that is important.

..I am looking for a free course so that I can understand the photography a bit then I will invest money for more deep knowledge. overall thanks for your suggestion if you have any free course that would be great.
Two things:

1. I have not heard of any free courses, and I can't think why anyone would put together a complete course on photography (which topic is wide enough to fill several books) that is actually comprehensive and offer it for free.

2. Most of us have learned by "bits and drabs" as time went on, and would recommend this method for the simple reason that it does take time and concentration, during which time you need to practice what you've learned, and habituate yourself to certain camera functions. Furthermore, any course that I've taken moves too slowly for some, while moving too rapidly for others. This is why I think learning at your own pace is a good plan.

Why not just dive right in and take some pictures? You will have questions, everybody does, so then you post an image on here and ask your question. We have seen photographers start out at the very beginning and eventually become good enough to start charging money.

..I am looking for a free course so that I can understand the photography a bit then I will invest money for more deep knowledge. overall thanks for your suggestion if you have any free course that would be great.

Why not just dive right in and take some pictures? You will have questions, everybody does, so then you post an image on here and ask your question. We have seen photographers start out at the very beginning and eventually become good enough to start charging money.

I agree with Designer, there's no cookie cutter way to learning "photography" as a whole, and definitely not a free way. I am here for the same reason as you are, Andy, and utilizing the constructive criticism from others on this site can be a good way to learn from your own mistakes/experiences.

Take some photos, see what works and didn't, what YOU liked and what you didn't, and then just try again accordingly.

If you are really trying to learn, what worked for me is seeing pictures that inspired me from other (much better) photographer's, and then trying to capture a similar effect through my own pictures. It helped me realize all of the different factors that can go into one single photo, and I am still learning.

It will come down to how much you are willing to learn, paid or for free.

I agree with Designer, there's no cookie cutter way to learning "photography" as a whole, and definitely not a free way. I am here for the same reason as you are, Andy, and utilizing the constructive criticism from others on this site can be a good way to learn from your own mistakes/experiences.

Take some photos, see what works and didn't, what YOU liked and what you didn't, and then just try again accordingly.

If you are really trying to learn, what worked for me is seeing pictures that inspired me from other (much better) photographer's, and then trying to capture a similar effect through my own pictures. It helped me realize all of the different factors that can go into one single photo, and I am still learning.

It will come down to how much you are willing to learn, paid or for free.
I agree with your point but I think she asking for beginner free course Udemy or Linda. If you guys have photography course free or paid please share here because I am also looking for this.

Thanks

Udemy and Linda can be great sources, and they will have the courses you are talking about. I don't think either are free, but I don't think they are more than $10 either.

Skillshare is another site similar to those.

If you are the same Kevin that asked on another forum I use then the same as I said on that. Read and look at Youtube plus get out and practice.
No dave, I don't have enough time to create another account and ask the same query. Sorry! I am not that person you are looking for.
Thanks

I was actually saying it about the OP that is Kevin who started this post.

If you are the same Kevin that asked on another forum I use then the same as I said on that. Read and look at Youtube plus get out and practice.
No dave, I don't have enough time to create another account and ask the same query. Sorry! I am not that person you are looking for.
Thanks

okay, got it. No problem.

Thanks

okay, got it. No problem.

Not you either Nick.. sorry.

I'm an educator, why should someone like me work for free?? I'd expect to be paid to teach a course (unless I chose to do that for a charitable purpose.) What can you expect for free? Probably inaccurate information, inadequate skills, etc.

As far as the OP, I think being in a country where it seems English isn't the primary language interferes with the flow for learners trying to read or listen to the material. I think it would take developing your ability to write and express information more clearly in English for it to appeal to learners here and be less challenging to try to get through it or benefit from it. (It's like me watching a foreign (to me) film, if there weren't subtitles I'd be lost because my high school French only gets me so far; I could maybe get the gist of it but miss details or specifics.) Maybe some people would get something out of it but there's an awful lot already out there online. I'd think about how and where it would be best to promote it.

THE technical aspects of photography can now be learned in less time and with less expense than in years past. Apply yourself and within a year or so your skill level will be adequate to advance your artistry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back