Pastels and Watercolors (and a few other art media)

giphy.gif

You have a very nice sketch Wade - DON'T MESS IT UP!!! For cryin' out loud! lol If you want to do a watercolor, do a watercolor. (Ask JC, he does watercolors I think.)

If anything, work some on the sketch. It's very nice, but might be worth spending more time on it to refine it. Especially with a geometric subject, it's more noticeable if lines aren't defined enough. I can see where it could benefit from working further on it, but DON'T PAINT over it and ruin it!! It's too nice a drawing to wreck it.

That’s it, I got the triple dog dare.

4980bf77479d6c6d_i-triple-dog-dare-you.gif

pics or it didn't happen

But it's not cold enough for a pole to freeze....ooohhhhh, wait, you were talking about the painting, weren't you?

But it's not cold enough for a pole to freeze....ooohhhhh, wait, you were talking about the painting, weren't you?
It is cold enough in Antarctica for the south pole to freeze - guaranteed (I know someone who was there for a year).

Look good, Wade.

I have a small WC Pencil I just tarted. I'll post the progression tomorrow.

Here's what I'm working from.

Look good, Wade.

I have a small WC Pencil I just tarted. I'll post the progression tomorrow.

Here's what I'm working from.
Thanks Charlie! Excited to see this as a watercolor.

The only sketching were a general "bulb" for the cattail, and lines for the stem and grass blades. I want to put some more pencil down to add a little depth.

1. Laying down the pencil.
IMG_E1440.JPG

2. Water washing.
IMG_E1443.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back