Pastels and Watercolors (and a few other art media)

Hosers! So, Buzz was driving a week or so ago, and he saw a sewing machine table that was left out at the end of a driveway with a "Free" sign, so he snagged it for me. His idea was to turn it into a bar, which is a fine idea, of course. However, I have plans for it to be my art table. There's space below to keep supplies and then the leaf comes up for work space when I am actively working on something, and folds down when I'm not. And, I can still keep a bottle of vodka next to my brushes ;) It's perfect - art AND bar! Heck, I can even use it to actually sew since I do have a machine. I just have to learn how to use it :lol:

Hosers! So, Buzz was driving a week or so ago, and he saw a sewing machine table that was left out at the end of a driveway with a "Free" sign, so he snagged it for me. His idea was to turn it into a bar, which is a fine idea, of course. However, I have plans for it to be my art table. There's space below to keep supplies and then the leaf comes up for work space when I am actively working on something, and folds down when I'm not. And, I can still keep a bottle of vodka next to my brushes ;) It's perfect - art AND bar! Heck, I can even use it to actually sew since I do have a machine. I just have to learn how to use it :lol:
Oh helz yeah! That's a great idea.

I have a 1968 Singer machine. After my mom stood by and helped me through the basics (which made me nervous, since she's the kind of person who can make herself a new shirt in an hour), I staggered through several "easy" patterns by myself. It's pretty intuitive, just give yourself time and space to get into it.

The instruction manual is my favorite part, kinda like old Kodak books. :lol:

My wife has been after a craft space for some time, and we actually grabbed an old Singer and table that someone was selling several years ago. Thank you for the awesome idea!

Started this tonight. Please tell me you know who this is (from the second picture)...

813B75E3-BADD-4D0A-A1D2-656C12BF8F9C.jpeg

And after 30 minutes...

6DC5BB18-4AF1-4769-BE96-093FDFCE71BF.jpeg

HOUSE!

It sure is a good looking sketch already, at only 30 minutes in. That's a lot of detail work. :icon_thumbsup:

Wonderful.The watercolor of the Flatirons is gorgeous!

Kinda looks like Hugh Laurie?

It sure is a good looking sketch already, at only 30 minutes in. That's a lot of detail work. :icon_thumbsup:

Yay! It’s recognizable! :)

We’ve been working our way through House.

I just finished House a couple of weeks ago. Got slightly obsessed and started watching old episodes of A Bit of Fry and Laurie like it was a nicotine patch. :lol:

ETA: And today, I twisted my ankle moving a table saw, so I found my dad's old cane and now all I can think of is how I feel like I am copying House ;)

Last edited:
Kinda looks like Hugh Laurie?

Yay! It’s recognizable! :)

We’ve been working our way through House.

I just finished House a couple of weeks ago. Got slightly obsessed and started watching old episodes of A Bit of Fry and Laurie like it was a nicotine patch. :lol:

ETA: And today, I twisted my ankle moving a table saw, so I found my dad's old cane and now all I can think of is how I feel like I am copying House ;)
We’re on Season 4, but I cheated because I watched it when it was originally aired.

If you need more Hugh Laurie, he’s great in the show Avenue 5. That show is hilarious.

He’s also a musician, so there’s that, as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back