Promoting Wire Dude: Help Me Brainstorm?

Thanks Mishele and Runnah, you guys pretty much asked me the question I intended to ask all of you in the OP lol. A more accurate OP would have been "what the hell do I do with Wire Dude?"

I have no clue what I want to do with him other than I want to keep shooting him, he's a blast to work with!

The reason I don't know what to do with him is I don't know what the options are and it all seems quite overwhelming to try to think around.
cz34.gif

I was hoping to shorten the research by asking here and hearing the good and bad of different options/routes to ... well... lets call a spade a spade... make money off of him in the long run (or short run).

I honestly have no clue where to start but I know I need to make a plan ... halp?
cz50.gif

After just a week of existence, I wouldn't be too worried about making money off him or marketing him quite yet.

Coming up with fresh, unique ideas is going to be the biggest challenge.

Free social media would be a starting point. Making a facebook fan page for him wouldn't hurt. Twitter. Google+.

However... google "wire figure sculptures" in the image section, and you'll be surprised (I think) at the variety of what you will find. So the idea's been around. What may be different with your creation, is the whimsical nature of his "discovery". And therefore, perhaps it is better just to have some fun with this and see what body of work, and what personality emerges from this.
You have a heck of an imagination ;) And some great ideas!

I did google this and there are definitely a lot of images of wire people but there doesn't seem to be any sets from what I can see. I'm sure they exist and I'm going to do some searching around on FB and other sites like deviantart because I'm sure they exist.
Thanks Mishele and Runnah, you guys pretty much asked me the question I intended to ask all of you in the OP lol. A more accurate OP would have been "what the hell do I do with Wire Dude?"

I have no clue what I want to do with him other than I want to keep shooting him, he's a blast to work with!

The reason I don't know what to do with him is I don't know what the options are and it all seems quite overwhelming to try to think around.
cz34.gif

I was hoping to shorten the research by asking here and hearing the good and bad of different options/routes to ... well... lets call a spade a spade... make money off of him in the long run (or short run).

I honestly have no clue where to start but I know I need to make a plan ... halp?
cz50.gif

After just a week of existence, I wouldn't be too worried about making money off him or marketing him quite yet.

Coming up with fresh, unique ideas is going to be the biggest challenge.

Free social media would be a starting point. Making a facebook fan page for him wouldn't hurt. Twitter. Google+.

I knew mentioning the money was going to get me in hot water ;)

Runnah asked my end game and that would be my perfect end game.
As for ideas, the list is already long so I'm really not worried about that at this point.

You are right, I've only been at it a week, but, I think there is potential in this judging by how people are reacting to him. I agree FB and Twitter are good jumping off points but with something like this I think you get out what you put in. If it were as simple as making a FB page or Twitter account there would be a whole lot of people making a whole lot more money than there is now. This thread was in hopes of figuring out what I'm going to put into this to maximize the potential of getting something good out the other end.

You are right, I've only been at it a week, but, I think there is potential in this judging by how people are reacting to him. I agree FB and Twitter are good jumping off points but with something like this I think you get out what you put in. If it were as simple as making a FB page or Twitter account there would be a whole lot of people making a whole lot more money than there is now. This thread was in hopes of figuring out what I'm going to put into this to maximize the potential of getting something good out the other end.

Everyone/Everything has to start somewhere.

There is a guy named Scott Maxwell that goes by LuMaxArt who used to create and sell a bunch of images commonly known as the little gold guy. His images are still for sale, but I don't think he is creating them any more. It might be worth reaching out to him and get his opinion/advice. He sold a ton of them for a long time.

Dbvirago, thanks, I'll look him up :)

Rotanimod, very true! You better like the FB page when it's ready ;)

Rabbit I like Wire
dude
Was hoping to see him in some clasic pose, the thinker , the scream by Edvard Munch

What ever you do, get the name down and then register the domain name asap. ;)

He needs a middle initial to stand out from any other wire dudes out there. I'm thinking "Wire E. Dude" (riffing off Wile E. Coyote).

Buckster said:
He needs a middle initial to stand out from any other wire dudes out there. I'm thinking "Wire E. Dude" (riffing off Wile E. Coyote).

Omg omg omg LOVE THAT!!!!!! You may have just named him....

Oldhippy, both are on the list ;)

Dmunsie, thanks, as soon as its nailed down I will look into that for sure.

Most reactions

Back