River Beach Model Shoot: Xiong

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After a long hiatus from posting in the pro gallery, I wanted to share some results from a recent model session with a very great young gal in my area. When I did post regularly, it was mostly child and family portraits. I don't have a lot of experience shooting models, but I have done a few so far this summer, and plan on shooting a few more in the next month. I don't have as much experience as Lyncca does :))). I know the dress is a little blown in some of the pics, I plan to fix that, but I hope these are acceptable. This is also the first time that I have used my business name on the pics, and not NJ Photography. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking. Much appreciated. :)

IMG_0351_2_8x10_700vig3.jpg

IMG_0361_2_8x10_700vig3.jpg

IMG_0367_2_8x10_700vig3.jpg

IMG_0369_2_8x10_700vig3.jpg

IMG_0371_2_8x10_700vig3.jpg

IMG_0408_2_8x12_700vig3.jpg

IMG_0425_2_8x10_700vig3.jpg

IMG_0477_2_8x10_700vig3.jpg

IMG_0571_3_8x12_700vig3.jpg

IMG_0575_3_8x10_700vig3.jpg

IMG_0578_3_8x12_4x5crop_700vig4.jpg

IMG_0646_4_8x12_700vig4.jpg

IMG_0670_2_8x10_700vig3.jpg

IMG_0732_3_8x10_700vig4.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)
NJ

I don't like #3 (awkward pose), but all of the others are good.

I looks like you changed her eye color in 9, 10, & 11 - they look almost blue, they look brown in all of the others....
Did you change it, or is it just different light or something?

Last edited:
nice shots and nice atomsphare ..

regards,

Thanks!

I don't like #3 (awkward pose), but all of the others are good.

I looks like you changed her eye color in 9, 10, & 11 - they look almost blue, they look brown in all of the others....
Did you change it, or is it just different light or something?

No I didn't change the color of her eyes. When she wore the hat, it was casting a different kind of light in her eyes. Thanks for commenting.

Great shots. Glad to see some more photos from you as I'm always impressed.

Outstanding! I really like them all. Very nicely done. Did you use any light modifiers (reflectors, defusers, etc.) or was this all natural light?

She's gorgeous. These are really awesome!

Thanks Lyncca! But you are the master. ;)

Great shots. Glad to see some more photos from you as I'm always impressed.

Very nice of you to say Nate! Thanks so much for the nice comments. :D

Outstanding! I really like them all. Very nicely done. Did you use any light modifiers (reflectors, defusers, etc.) or was this all natural light?

Thanks very much! I will see you on MM. :)

#9 just blows your sox off - should be on a magazine front cover.

Wow, what a compliment, thanks Mat! I really appreciate that. :)

beautiful girl and shots

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, I agree she is beautiful.

Great posing and exposures! So I haven't been on here in at least a year, at least I think but I came back to see your "Field of the Windmill" shot, probably my favorite piece of art all time. Do you still have it, would love to set it as my wallpaper. Thanks!

Great posing and exposures! So I haven't been on here in at least a year, at least I think but I came back to see your "Field of the Windmill" shot, probably my favorite piece of art all time. Do you still have it, would love to set it as my wallpaper. Thanks!

Thank you Mike! :) I'm glad you asked about the windmill picture. That's extremely flattering of you to say! I had to remove it from the host server a few months ago after discovering that someone had stolen it and popped it onto another forum. I forget which one, but I was not happy about it. I would be happy to send you a personalized desktop wallpaper version. Just PM me your email address and your screen resolution. Thanks again. :D

I'm sorry tharmsen, I meant to reply to this sooner and forgot. To answer your question, I did not use anything but natural light in this session. I hate carrying around clunky equipment unless I absolutely have to. If I do bring equipment along, its usually nothing more a speedlite or 2 with pocket wizards and a shoot-through umbrella. It's surprising how much natural light you can work with if the subject is positioned well enough. :)

Most reactions

Back