Sigma Lens Dilemna! HELP!!!!

pugnacious33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
soundinsights.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:grumpy:Geez, I just can't ever seem to make up my mind when buying a lens, never able to find that "perfect" lens. I'm replacing a 28-135 sigma.

I'm really leaning toward the Sigma 17-70 macro. Pros here are the good macro close up ratio, the price, and the 70 would be good enough for portraits, which I don't shoot much. Con are that it is not an EX. I currently have the Sigma 10-20 EX and the sharpness and contrast are top notch.

I'm also looking at the Sigma 18-50 macro. Pros....its an EX. Cons, more expensive and shorter range is less versatile.

I've also considered going with the Sigma 24-70 EX, but it is pretty expensive, not macro, not digital specific, but I wouldn't miss the lower end of the zoom, since I also have the 10-20.

I'm also open to other brands. If the 17-70 was an EX my mind would be made up. Anyone care to help me (or confuse me further)? :er:

:grumpy:Geez, I just can't ever seem to make up my mind when buying a lens, never able to find that "perfect" lens. I'm replacing a 28-135 sigma.

I'm really leaning toward the Sigma 17-70 macro. Pros here are the good macro close up ratio, the price, and the 70 would be good enough for portraits, which I don't shoot much. Con are that it is not an EX. I currently have the Sigma 10-20 EX and the sharpness and contrast are top notch.

I'm also looking at the Sigma 18-50 macro. Pros....its an EX. Cons, more expensive and shorter range is less versatile.

I've also considered going with the Sigma 24-70 EX, but it is pretty expensive, not macro, not digital specific, but I wouldn't miss the lower end of the zoom, since I also have the 10-20.

I'm also open to other brands. If the 17-70 was an EX my mind would be made up. Anyone care to help me (or confuse me further)? :er:

I'm very happy with mine on my Canon 50D. I'm not a pro however. I've also used it with the Kenko 1.4 converter with results that are satisfactory to me. Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Back