some feedback, nikon or eos 30d or 40?

My camera will always be used in natural light which many times is low light. I STRUGGLE with my white balance too, BIG TIME. I`m still learning. So I thought that if I bought a Great camera, I could at least know that its not the cameras fault. And then only go up from there and improve my pictures as I improve. But natural light is really the way I need to shoot.

These babies need to look as realistic as possible. So a camera that seems to pick up the proper color the way I painted them, in natural lighting without distorting it would be great. The camera I have now seems to always see my subject as very orange. And I have to color adjust it in my ELEMENTS picture program. But then that throws off the colors of the blankets and the other things in the photo. The better I can make my babies look the more money I can get.

I struggle with my white balance settings,but thats another issue. I use a gray card a white card etc.....

So I`m trying to narrow down my pick, I was really thinking the 40d. but keep in mind I KNOW NOTHING. Everything that was posted is so over my head that i actually have to print it out all of this stuff and DIGEST IT! Sorry I sound so dumb.

I`m a grandmother trying to learn this stuff, and I appreciate all of your help. I don`t want to make any mistakes, this is a lot of money to my family and I. So any more camera suggestions are greatly appreciated.

your camera body isn't going to help you take better pictures in low light, a lens is

you want a large aperture(small F number i.e. 1.4)

the 40d is a great camera, but that greatly reduces your budget for the lens.

you might even think about the 50mm f/1.4 to save money on a lens. It is very sharp and great for low light.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/12140-USA/Canon_2515A003_50mm_f_1_4_USM_Autofocus.html
it might be a pain in the ass though since it is a 50 mm prime, im not sure how close or far you would need to get to your subjects

the 24-70 2.8 L that i mentioned in my previous post would be perfect in my opinion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back