What's new

The TPF Great Gear Give-Away continues....

lol, I dunno...I want to delve into macro but no fundage for it so I have not really looked into such things, only looked into actual dedicated macro lenses. I am so used to things not fully working on my d3100, I just assumed. lol

In that case, I'd love to throw my hat into the ring. :-)
 
lol, I dunno...I want to delve into macro but no fundage for it so I have not really looked into such things, only looked into actual dedicated macro lenses. I am so used to things not fully working on my d3100, I just assumed. lol

In that case, I'd love to throw my hat into the ring. :-)

Not sure about the D3100, but if you have an AF lens that requires a body motor, the D3100 doesn't have one,..... does it?

The electronic communication and aperture mechanism will still work, though. And if you have AF lenses with built-in motors, all will be fine.
 
the 3100 has no motor for focusing, I have my kit lens with motor in it and a 50mm 1.4 without motor that I have to manually focus that is on loan to me until I can afford to buy one. The 50mm has been a great learning tool as far as manual focusing, lol.
 
I already have a method selected to determine how the recipient is going to be selected:


I'm not gonna do the pickin'!!!!
 
does it involve an electric charge of some sort? *looks around for loose wires*
 
does it involve an electric charge of some sort? *looks around for loose wires*

No, he's going to take each of your avatars, do a focus stack photo on each of them at about 82:1, stick them all into a WhatsIt thread and whoever's avatar we actually GUESS gets the rings. :smileys:
 
does it involve an electric charge of some sort? *looks around for loose wires*

No, he's going to take each of your avatars, do a focus stack photo on each of them at about 82:1, stick them all into a WhatsIt thread and whoever's avatar we actually GUESS gets the rings. :smileys:

I'll also make it an HDR panoramic.
 
Well, time for an update:

So far, I've had 15 responses to this. Two have decided not to participate as they already have some macro or close-up gear (the decisions were theirs, and I did not influence them at all), so kudos to them for letting them go to someone who has no close-up gear. So, currently there's 13 names on the list.

I said I'd let the thread run two weeks, and I intend to do just that.... just because not everyone is on the forum every day. This will give those who don't visit often a chance to participate. So there's one more week before it's 'time'.
 
Well, time for an update:

So far, I've had 15 responses to this. Two have decided not to participate as they already have some macro or close-up gear (the decisions were theirs, and I did not influence them at all), so kudos to them for letting them go to someone who has no close-up gear. So, currently there's 13 names on the list.

I said I'd let the thread run two weeks, and I intend to do just that.... just because not everyone is on the forum every day. This will give those who don't visit often a chance to participate. So there's one more week before it's 'time'.


Damn, now I feel bad because I already have a macro lens.


But at the same time I don't see myself purchasing any gear for at least a few years.


What to do?
 
The basic offer is: They can go to someone who can make good use of them. Not just to someone who has no macro gear. The two members who retracted their interest did so on their own for that reason. I would just prefer they not get sent to someone, then languish in a closet or drawer for lack of use.

If you want to increase the rep. ratio of your macro lens, that's fine with me. if you want to opt out, that's fine by me as well. I'll make no statements or judgements about whether a specific participant has some macro gear or not.
 
I could really make good use of this as I have no macro lens at all for my D40 and I would like to be able to add some macro work to my online gallery on Deviant Art. I sell some of my works there to help pay for things like books while I am going to school and gas. Thanks for your consideration.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom