To my fellow Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted last week...I love early voting :)

Phazan...I'm thinking if you haven't voted yet (6:00) you may not have time to vote :(. Polls are already closing!

I cast my vote for Bob Barr. I dont like either of the two parties.

Why would you vote for someone who has no shot to win? Isn't that a wasted vote?

I think it's funny/sad that some people (mayors, governors, that sort) are running as GOP because they know a lot of people don't know that the GOP is the Republican party.
They think people won't vote for them if they're a Republican, so they're running as GOP instead. The sad part is that it works - apparently a lot of people don't know what GOP means/is.

Yeah that is really sad/funny. But it shows you how ignorant people can be.
When is a good time to vote? (To avoid lines)

Or has it already passed? =/
Honey you live in a big city, so there will always be lines.

This year has record voter registration. As I understand it, there are lines everywhere. Luckily, I just moved and was able to absentee vote.

When I lived in Houston, we always had to wait in line because the city was so huge.

I think, if you show up before the polls close, you'll still be allowed to vote, even if you're still waiting in line after closing.

Yeah they will let people vote until the last one has gone through the line. Which is why we don't get the final results until the next day.

Kalifornia polls don't close for like 4 hours I htink

But voting that way would be like throwing your vote away because there is no chance of getting away from the 2 party votes.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I decided to sit this one out...

Vote for someone that has no chance at all of winning, or vote for "the lesser of two evils". Neither option sounds appealing to me.

Maybe it still would have been better to throw my vote away though. If enough people threw there vote away on the same person they might have a chance. (Yeah right, like that would ever happen...)

Why would you vote for someone who has no shot to win? Isn't that a wasted vote?
No it is a vote of dissent against two corrupt parties. Besides the Electoral College decides who gets in so, in reality they can vote in anyone they want. Which is why many of us are for eliminating the EC and, leaving elections to the general vote. It is much like trying to get rid of the Federal Reserve, the powers that be will never let it happen.

The thing I got in the mail says it closes at 8pm. I'm waiting for my dad to get home so I can ask him some stuff (Not political advice) so I know a little of what I'm doing when I get there.

Nothing like waiting till the last minute. ;)

No it is a vote of dissent against two corrupt parties.

What he said..... your vote is still a voice. Many (including me) feel if you didn't put in the effort to cast an intelligent vote, then you have no right to complain (all talk and no action... a whiner). The simple effort also fosters a more intelligent voter base which has been a problem in the U.S. for several decades now. If you have children, then they too will see your non-participation.

I'm a swing voter which keeps me involved in the issues each election cycle... it keeps me interested in an important event. I've yet to see anything that encourages confidence in the general voting public. Hearing people say that "I'd rather not vote" because I don't like either of the two parties is not encouraging. Remember there are other third party candidates, local proposed laws/issues, as well as other seats in public office to vote on. This election isn't just for the presidential seat.

If anything else... voting is a show of appreciation for those that sacrificed so that we have that right.

What I find interesting is that those that immigrated to this country from areas that give the people little to no voice are the most passionate. In my office, there are a few that fled the Soviet Union and it is those that seem to be the most knowledgeable during each election cycle.

Last edited:
Well if you haven't voted yet you now have the choice of voting for the winner or the loser.

What a historic occasion.

(Ohio and New Mexico were just called for Obama - that's a win, with California, Washington and Oregon)

Best,
Helen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back