Took a pic of this model, what can be improved

I know the commenter above said photoshop doesn't help a poor photograph, so I guess what can i do to get a better photograph?

Posing, framing, composition, lighting, location, DOF, mood/emotion, communicate story, etc... Most of these things you can't do in Photoshop.

Sure, it can help save an image, but if you wanna take good photos, you could start with the basic principles of art, basic technical aspects of photography, and try to put it all together on how to use a camera in order to capture the image you want.

Luckily there are a lot of rules-of-thumb when it comes to photography that generally work, and learning/practicing these will help you on your journey.

I mean yes those can certainly be improved on based off the feedbacks I had received on here. As far as the image quality and hitting the shutter button did i get the exposure right?

I was on manual mode. I have set the exposure triangle to the numbers based off the setting i was in.

Wait........ what? This isn't your photo, but you're telling us we can us it as we wish?

Is there any reason you think that?[/QUOTE]

That it's not your photo? I dunno.....

.......I received the image as a raw file, uploaded on imgur .....

....I'm kind of silly that way.

Yes I have stand corrected and addressed that in my prior post. What I mean is my camera captured both raw and jpg files. The one uploaded is obviously jpeg as I am unable to extract raw since the raw images immediately go straight to a software like photoshop or LR

To me it looks photo shopped. A model cut and pasted in front of a cluttered street scene. Too much eye distraction.

As I see it, the objective is the model, in this case a brightly clad model. I would have used a sparse, neutral, soft focused back ground.

Then the eye dynamics would come from the model and his clothing.

i can assure you there was not any major retouching done on this photo. just slight increase in color and. probably. exposure. thanks. for the suggestions

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back