What's new

Victims of Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
all this happens here too.

as above thread nobody force people to work or shop there.

they CANNOT be that bad because you would just go and work and another rubbish job as you would not be worse off financially.

this is really my last word cause we really are just going around in circles and arch would find me and ban me forever.

I work for a 'shop' in england that pay is the minimum, use cheap labour fom foreign countries ect but thats my choice i like the people i work with and its only 5 mins walk away.

people have choices

You would be amazed sometimes at how people have little or no choice.

You're right. This is pointless.
 
Interesting thread here but:
No one is forced to work at Walmart - they choose to
No one is forced to shop at Walmart - they choose to
No one is forced to sell to Walmart - they choose to
Why is Walmart so successful? People choose to spend their money there!

I have to ask;

What's your demographic?- Tell us about yourself.
 
If you buy your camera gear at B&H (or other comparable store), you've contributed to the demise of family-run stores. I'm not saying that that's a bad thing. I buy all my photo gear at B&H.

I had a friend that owned a camera store. He couldn't buy from his distributor at prices that anyone could buy from B&H, Adorama, etc. Like it or not, it's survival of the fittest.

:thumbup:
 
Interesting thread here but:
No one is forced to work at Walmart - they choose to
No one is forced to shop at Walmart - they choose to
No one is forced to sell to Walmart - they choose to
Why is Walmart so successful? People choose to spend their money there!

I have to agree.

and I have known a few people who actually LOVED their job at walmart. Im not saying its a perfect company, but there arent many perfect ones anywhere!

You could argue that places like CompUSA and Best Buy are the same as walmart...and I WORKED for one of those and let me tell ya...it was HELL. I would cry on my way to work because I hated it so much. SO you know what I did??? I GOT A DIFFERENT JOB (what a thought!)
 
I have to agree.

and I have known a few people who actually LOVED their job at walmart. Im not saying its a perfect company, but there arent many perfect ones anywhere!

You could argue that places like CompUSA and Best Buy are the same as walmart...and I WORKED for one of those and let me tell ya...it was HELL. I would cry on my way to work because I hated it so much. SO you know what I did??? I GOT A DIFFERENT JOB (what a thought!)

Sarah, it is not quite that simple for some folks. I live in a small town about 60 miles outside of Dallas, population about 6,000. Back in 2000, Walmart came to town. A lot of people got very excited. A couple of grocery stores managed to hold on during the onslaught, but a lot of local clothing stores, appliance stores, and so on, bit the dust. Soon, Walmart became the biggest employer in town, paying lousy wages and offering very little full time jobs.

And to top it off, where do you think a lot of their employees shop? Why, at Walmart, of course. When you are just about the only game in town, what little choice do you have? You know, in instances like this, Walmart reminds me very much of the old company stores the coal mines used to run back before the unions got involved. You worked for the mines, you lived in shacks that the mining company owned, and oh yeah, you shopped at the company store that the mining company owned. In some cases, this is exactly what Walmart has become.
 
this thread needs to be split!!! image comments kept, walmart-ness removed
 
Dry heat????? Did you lose it in other places as well.....:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Well, I'm trying out for the Varsity swim team at the local community college- Need I say more?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom