Weekly challenge 11/9 - 11/15 Tools Paradise

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, the subject is “tools”. Just about every profession or hobby or task involves some type of tool. There are hundreds of thousands to choose from. Try to be creative with your subjects and your compositions. Match your backgrounds to the subject, include the users or tell a story with your photo.

We went to the Heritage Farm section of the ABQ Botanic Gardens today.
Got some shots that will end up here, but as yet there hasn't been time to get them ready for posting.
Surprisingly, no hand tools were about, but large vintage mechanized ones were.

This Sunday we went to the ABQ Botanic Gardens. I had hoped that there would be someone at the Heritage Farm area using tools. Alas, no.
But there were some pretty cool vintage pieces out there.
Rather than get my typical close up of some detail, I went for a wide shot to get it more in context.

vintage farm equipment at Heritage Farms

But I wanted a shot with someone using a tool.
I was out in the yard doing weeding. My favorite tool for weeding is that little folding saw.
It allows me to get under the surface and pull out weeds and grasses with the serrations. It's sure easier than grasping weeds with fingers and pulling. I wondered if I could get the shot by propping the phone against one of those rocks.

the tool user

I'm still hoping to find someone doing something interesting with tools in some cool light and dark, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling with posting.

I thought of one more, shot this past Sunday.
After all, the camera is one of the tools we use most, eh?

49057056841_989415a79e_z.jpg

I’m surprised there weren’t more posts in this theme.

My mom is cleaning out her house, as she’s going to sell. We’ve been going through three generations’ belongings. I wish I had time to take more shots of my grandfather’s tools.

here’s a typewriter I found.

Tools
by Wade, on Flickr

I’m surprised there weren’t more posts in this theme.

My mom is cleaning out her house, as she’s going to sell. We’ve been going through three generations’ belongings. I wish I had time to take more shots of my grandfather’s tools.

here’s a typewriter I found.

Tools
by Wade, on Flickr

Me too. I thought this would be an easy one especially if you think that we use tools for everything. I’ve taken a bunch of photos for this but they’re all still on the camera. Hoping to get to them today.

Love this photo Wade.

Me too. I thought this would be an easy one especially if you think that we use tools for everything. I’ve taken a bunch of photos for this but they’re all still on the camera. Hoping to get to them today.

Love this photo Wade.
Thank you!

I've done that so many times... I'll take a photo for the theme, and then I never get it out of my camera. I'm going to make it my mission to take at least one more photo for this theme today. Probably at lunch.

I didn't understand the challenge to be honest. I didn't ask because I had a stye in my shooting eye the week of it, so I knew I wasn't going to be making images. It looked like someone socked me in the eye. It hurt like heck and it was inside my lower eye lid. I'm not into the food challenge either so outside of something silly, I probably won't be participating in that one either. Well, Im off in a little bit for some street shooting, letting it warm up a little, its like 18° out right now.

I didn't understand the challenge to be honest. I didn't ask because I had a stye in my shooting eye the week of it, so I knew I wasn't going to be making images. It looked like someone socked me in the eye. It hurt like heck and it was inside my lower eye lid. I'm not into the food challenge either so outside of something silly, I probably won't be participating in that one either. Well, Im off in a little bit for some street shooting, letting it warm up a little, its like 18° out right now.
JC, hope that gets better soon. Our son has had to have his lanced. It's going on longer than a month now. He just sent us some pics of it.

JC, hope that gets better soon. Our son has had to have his lanced. It's going on longer than a month now. He just sent us some pics of it.
I was starti.g to wonder after 5 days but on the 6th day, i woke up with my eye spackled shut. After days of warm compressing, it released the crackin of glue in my eye. Gross. I thought my wife filled my eye with wood glue. I had a wire for an internal eyelash that surfaced from the spot. Holy eye goo batman! Im good, thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back