Well, apparently I'm famous (infamous?), or: How not to provide constructive critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It would seem that I'm famous... I have been featured on the blog of banned TPF member Andrew Molitor
( TPF username amolitor ). I'm not sure what I've done to earn such an "honour" but both myself and another TPF member seem to have won the "be roasted by Andrew" lottery today. In addition to having our images stolen he has, under the veil of critique, been extremely disparaging of our work.

While I appreciate that [for the most part] anyone can say anything about anyone on the Internet, and I understand that not everyone is going to like my work, it bothers me to not only have someone steal my images for their own gain, but to do so in such a childish manner.

</vent>

Edit: Thanks to @Derrel for letting me know about this.

Last edited:
Why bother acknowledging the web site?

What a pretentious pile of crap that blog piece is. If I were you I wouldn’t lose any sleep over that drivel. He has a lot of nerve stealing your photo though.

That blog post is a good example of a strawman argument, sorry your photos were used like that.

Ha!

Write your own blog disparaging his practices.....that'll show him! Blog vs Blog......Blog gate!

Na. Your not going to care in about 10 minutes.

Someone that didn't get oooh'd and aaah'd as much as he though he deserved has now taken issue with a well established form of photography in order to make his own sound like it's a NEW approach. In this he's taken a cheap shot at a couple of people thinking this is his great payback when in reality it just reads as butthurt.

Just call all tubes of hemroid creme amolitor.
P.S. now that I've said that, you'll for ever get a chuckle in the drugstore. lol

So he was trained as a mathmatecian yet something doesn't add up. Working as a software monkey?? Doesn't that refer to someone they hire to test software - as in so simple a monkey could do it? And a part time photographer?

John to quote a phrase "there will always be donkey holes"

Why bother acknowledging the web site?
In large part because I am certain he will troll stroll through the forums.

What a pretentious pile of crap that blog piece is. If I were you I wouldn’t lose any sleep over that drivel. He has a lot of nerve stealing your photo though.
None will be! :lol:

That blog post is a good example of a strawman argument, sorry your photos were used like that.
Thanks - if that's the worst case of image theft I have to deal with, I figure I'm getting off pretty damn lucky!

Ha!

Write your own blog disparaging his practices.....that'll show him! Blog vs Blog......Blog gate!

Na. Your not going to care in about 10 minutes.

Someone that didn't get oooh'd and aaah'd as much as he though he deserved has now taken issue with a well established form of photography in order to make his own sound like it's a NEW approach. In this he's taken a cheap shot at a couple of people thinking this is his great payback when in reality it just reads as butthurt.

Just call all tubes of hemroid creme amolitor.
P.S. now that I've said that, you'll for ever get a chuckle in the drugstore. lol
"Preparation A"? :lol:

So he was trained as a mathmatecian yet something doesn't add up. Working as a software monkey?? Doesn't that refer to someone they hire to test software - as in so simple a monkey could do it? And a part time photographer?

John to quote a phrase "there will always be donkey holes"
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
i would issue him a DMCA takedown notice. cant you get money from people that steal your images?
I thought about it - not really sure it's worth the effort though. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to lose too many customers over it.

Omg I just looked at his portfolio...

You're respected as a working pro John, by people who know more than a thing or two about photography.

From his portfolio page.

"I don't have a portfolio online. While online portfolios are not intrinsically dumb, they're not consistent with the way I work. Now, if you're just here because I pissed you off somewhere and you want to see some pictures so you can confirm your already formed opinion that I suck, well, I can point you to a few posts that contain pictures."

Sounds like someone makes a habit of pissing people off. lol

Sounds vaguely familiar to another troll who's makes an appearance here every so often under different names.

Your work doesn’t need defending, John.I’m with Braineack, and the Stoic philosopher, Epictetus, who said, “Did he say those terrible things about me? I guess he didn’t know my other faults or he would have mentioned them too.” A strong and sensible man, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back