What is a good lens focal length for photographing large furniture?

alexwa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi. I'm interested in photographing furniture that I've built and I'm wondering what kind(s) of lenses would be best to shoot items like the images in the link below. I have a Panasonic GH4 and a 20mm 1.7 lens but I'm wondering if this will be a good fit? Is there a particular lens length that will help give me great, classy shots like these? Thanks so much. alex w

Chairs - The Haas Brothers - R & Company

A longer lens would be better, if for no other reason than to eliminate the distortion caused by shorter focal lengths.

Personally, I would at least go to at least 40mm.

Your lens choice is all going to be based on how much room you have to photograph the furniture.

A longer lens would be better, if for no other reason than to eliminate the distortion caused by shorter focal lengths.

Personally, I would at least go to at least 40mm.

Ok great. Thank you!

Your lens choice is all going to be based on how much room you have to photograph the furniture.
Ah OK. Thanks. So there's no 'best big product length' then?! Thank you!

Correct. It is the distance from lens to subject that determines the perspective. Lens focal length determines the subject size on the sensor.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back