What is Causing the Blue Halo around the People in the BG?

GeorgieGirl

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Help!...Too much afterwork for low light and sharpness??? How to/Can I clean that up?

648C9554-XL.jpg

You could try desaturating the blues? Maybe with some layer masking around the primary affected areas so that you don't end up with a block of grey (and you might also find you have to fiddle with the greens or other colour channels to get a good effect when desaturating).

You could try desaturating the blues? Maybe with some layer masking around the primary affected areas so that you don't end up with a block of grey (and you might also find you have to fiddle with the greens or other colour channels to get a good effect when desaturating).

You know what? Here is a huge admission of guilt. I am not good at all about layers. I took a few classes and I think that I'd like to skip layers entirely. I really need to get over it and get on with it. I think for me the problen are the toolbars. And the black and the white selections for painting.

I think there is a part of my brain that is both lazy and inept when it comes to this.

Oy...

Thanks. I better push harder.

Layers are super easy to work out and yet amazingly powerful. Like quite a few tools its not difficult to get the basic operation and once you get them the possibilities are very rewarding.

At its simplest thing of it like a delete function, but one which does not destroy any data in the layer. It just "hides" it. Further you can hide in degrees so you can vary and effect over a shot to the desired amount. You can even use the smaller denominations like paint brush - set the brush to 10% and each sweep over a section adds or removes 10%. If you click each time the undo button is then a step back if you go one too many.

Does the irony of this not strike anyone else.

"Help me, help me ....... but only in a certain way cuz I'm a pro"

donotedit.jpg

Does the irony of this not strike anyone else.

"Help me, help me ....... but only in a certain way cuz I'm a pro"

donotedit.jpg

Are you are jerk MTheresa...me thinks so. Get an effing grip. You don't like the snspshot or my particiaption? School me then old timer and STFU with your BS crap. Its these kinds of posts form jerks like this/you that ring true for this forum's goons. I am not a pro and anyone who knows me on this forum knows that I am here for fun and hobby. You have been here long enough to know that too and that I am not a pretentious PRO...keep up with the times Lew and cut the ****.

Last edited:
Help!...Too much afterwork for low light and sharpness???

Let's see what came out of the camera ... before you tried to edit it.

Here is the SOOC jpeg...again for anyone that knows me this is a jpeg from a 5DMKIII as I have not uploaded the LR4 yet and am still in LR3 and the RAW support for the 5DKIII is not there althought this shot was both RAW and JPEG whrn taken.

$648C9554.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like how you've edited has brought up the blacker shadowing into a deeper more visible blue halo around the background subjects. This would be a key situation where the layermask can be used to reduce/remove the effect of your processing from the background area. This lessening the effect (or removing it) from the shot.

Looks like how you've edited has brought up the blacker shadowing into a deeper more visible blue halo around the background subjects. This would be a key situation where the layermask can be used to reduce/remove the effect of your processing from the background area. This lessening the effect (or removing it) from the shot.

Ok Over...I get the picture. :banghead:

(LOL....)

Thanks!

The color shift between the blue and the blacks are too much for digital cameras. This happens all the time when i'm shooting events with gel'd lighting, it clips in a way that's almost neon, and it's just the channels clipping. Digital can only do 255 variations of Red, Green, or Blue. If it's outside of that, you're boned.

That's just how it is. It doesn't bother me. It is just the blurred out black mixed with blue and you get dark blue. There is no way I would waste my time with layers trying to fix it. Just do color adjustment and go on with your life hahaah.

Well I loaded up LR4 this morning so that is now done. Its been a long time since I edited a jpeg. Maybe I need more practice.:mrgreen:

Here is the SOOC jpeg...again for anyone that knows me this is a jpeg from a 5DMKIII as I have not uploaded the LR4 yet and am still in LR3 and the RAW support for the 5DKIII is not there althought this shot was both RAW and JPEG whrn taken.

I tried it in Photoshop using adjustment layers and masks. Got a very pleasing result with no halos. (You can still work with the raw file, even though LR3 doesn't support that camera. Just convert to PNG.)

Thanks or the tip. I think thought that the photo was still not the original jpeg becasue what you worked on was cropped as the 1st one was, so I suspect it was still and edited version. I didn't manage the files very well because I knew I was going to reload them all into LR4. Just wanted you to know that while I said it was the original, it could not have been, and I mis-spoke.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back