What photo printer will you recommend?

KCW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm planning to buy a professional photo printer, but I'm not a deep pocket. There're quite a few brands....@@ I found one of them is now $399 with some positive reviews but few said their tech support is a concern. Another comes with higher price ($499) but offer 3-year exchange service. Both of their supplies price are similar. If so, which one will you recommend?

I researched "professional" printers, and after I added up all the costs, decided to leave the printing to the professionals. The cost is about the same, or less, depending on your fail rate, and it leaves a lot more time to take photos.

I'm planning to buy a professional photo printer, but I'm not a deep pocket. There're quite a few brands....@@ I found one of them is now $399 with some positive reviews but few said their tech support is a concern. Another comes with higher price ($499) but offer 3-year exchange service. Both of their supplies price are similar. If so, which one will you recommend?
I own a Canon PIXMA Pro 100. It's a great platform and runs wirelessly on my home network. It makes prints up to 13x19. The list price on this printer is $369.99. Canon is offering a $250 rebate, and they include a 50-sheet package of 13x19 matte paper in the box.

You net out to around $120 for the printer, which uses 8 cartridges, and provides excellent color. I've had one for around 18 months, and love it! B&H also ships free, and usually the same day.

Canon PRO 100 PIXMA Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo 6228B002

I own a Canon PIXMA Pro 100. It's a great platform and runs wirelessly on my home network. It makes prints up to 13x19. The list price on this printer is $369.99. Canon is offering a $250 rebate, and they include a 50-sheet package of 13x19 matte paper in the box.

You net out to around $120 for the printer, which uses 8 cartridges, and provides excellent color. I've had one for around 18 months, and love it! B&H also ships free, and usually the same day.

Canon PRO 100 PIXMA Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo 6228B002

Thanks, Dennis. Your input looks great! If dancing with the inkjet, how do I know how many 4x6 prints I can make with brand new cartridges? You know the cartridge is a bit steep!

Thanks, Dennis. Your input looks great! If dancing with the inkjet, how do I know how many 4x6 prints I can make with brand new cartridges? You know the cartridge is a bit steep!

The cost of a 4x6 print is about $.26. Cartridges run around $135 for a ten pack. Coverage is around 95%. You'll use up color before the B&W cartridges ever run out. Rough math is just under 500 prints. Add paper cost of about $25. You're looking at $150 +/- for 500 prints.

Not sure what you really need as a "professional" printer. I have a Canon Pixma printer that has lasted a long time and did a good job for home printing. Not sure about printing larger "professional" prints. As someone else suggested you might want to use professional for that part. The big negative that I experienced printing my own was the small ink cartridges. You'll pay a lot for those small print jobs based on paper and ink alone. You might want to do a cost comparison before you buy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back