Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Aperture priority

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking if I should bring propane to the party - but as I have to be off to sleep I will just leave it here in a corner for you two ;)

Oh man, reg posted something in this thread too:popcorn: Wonder what nonconstructive thing he will post next!!?

manual,tv and av...im still learning alot...sometimes manual mode takes to long and i miss the picture...lately ive been using av so i can control the DOF

wheeeeeeeeelah!

"looney mcloonerson"

lol, that was good. <chuckle>

Well, if this doesn't prove that we should all just use whatever mode we want and not care about what other people think, nothing will.

I'm betting on nothing.

Please point out where I said I'm a professional photographer (direct quote please) (you can even check the "about me" section on my website)

Well... I'm not quite sure of your semantics regarding charging clients for prints as not being professional but whatever.. This really doesn't having anything to do with the thread about camera settings.

Then, please point out where I said I only meter once.

uhh..... well.... okay....

I only have to meter one time in any given situation and then I don't even LOOK at my meter

:crazy:

Let me complete that original sentence which I didn't complete and which I apoligize.

I meter one time and don't look at my meter again. I look at my histogram, which I elaborated about above. My bad.

Here's a good link to read about metering using your histogram. Regardless of what dearied... seems to think, manual gives the ultimate control over your settings and does NOT consistanly match what AV or TV would suggest.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/expose-right.shtml
http://ilovephotography.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=313044&hl=manual

Last edited:
Aperture priority most of the time, but I do flip to manual to play and learn. The other settings still scare me.

Let me complete that original sentence which I didn't complete and which I apoligize.

I meter one time and don't look at my meter again. I look at my histogram, which I elaborated about above. My bad.

it doesn't matter... you are still taking extra steps.... you must take a shot to view the histogram... when the sun starts peaking out of the clouds you are blowing shots because you are not using the meter... some of those blown shots could be your money keepers... you could prevent this by adjusting your shutter speed with the meter as you shoot.... this method also keeps your eye in the viewfinder instead of wasting time looking at your screen every time there is a change in environment.

or... you could just pick the desired aperture and park the camera in aperture priority to have the camera do all this work for you.... that way you can focus on framing and other things.... and when that sun starts peaking out from the clouds the change is instant.

all i can say is that i'm extremelmy careful in my lighting. i take care to shoot in the shade, and at certain times of day. I avoid dappled sunlight and direct sunlight and cloudy days like the plague.

During moments such as those, though, I'm just on top of it. Ican't tell you it any otehr way. Its not extra steps or harder for me at all. Its second nature to use manual to the best way I know how. I used to shoot AV all the time, but I have gotten better exposure since switching fully to manual. Like I said, it works for me, so doesn't work for you. We can agree to disagree I suppose.

Here's a good link to read about metering using your histogram. Regardless of what dearied... seems to think, manual gives the ultimate control over your settings and does NOT consistanly match what AV or TV would suggest.
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/expose-right.shtml
http://ilovephotography.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=313044&hl=manual

holy smokes i give up...

the first link shows how to read a histogram..... what does this have to do with what mode you shoot?... you can view a histogram when you shoot aperture priority... you can make exp comp changes if your meter is out a tad and from there you don't have to make any setting changes for the rest of the shoot.

the second link goes nowhere....

it is clear to me now that you have no idea what you are talking about. this thread must be embarrassing to you....

I thought it was kind of funny:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back