Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Aperture priority

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm referring to your sarcastic comments above ^^^ which basically make fun of people who think that their mode is the right one for them.

^^^ and again... "Posturing like a sheep"... "the flock"... etc.

Plus there are occasionally technical reasons why Aperature or Shutter priority would expose the shot improperly, so there actually are reasons to shoot in Manual, and the frequency of that varies per person and per situation.

See my sig. That phrase there about hammers isn't really about "using the most uber technology all the time", nor is it about "use the easiest method you can get your hands on". It is entirely about using the right tool for the right job, and understanding that if there is a tool that is commonly available, there is likely a very good reason for that... like, for example, it is commonly needed in certain situations.

Would you make fun of a guy banging in a nail with a hammer?

Manaheim.... to continue this discussion it would be helpful for you to learn all your cameras settings including exposure compensation...

Manaheim.... to continue this discussion it would be helpful for you to learn all your cameras settings including exposure compensation...

:lol:

You've got a lot of nerve, man.

Thanks for showing me the light, oh master of all things photographic... who in explicably calls himself a noob in his sig. I'll be sure to make sure I master all things before casting my shadow upon your hallowed mountain again. Please forgive my insolence.

Last edited:
:lol:

You've got a lot of nerve, man.

Thanks for showing me the light, oh master of all things photographic... who in explicably calls himself a noob in his sig. I'll be sure to make sure I master all things before casting my shadow upon your hallowed mountain again. Please forgive my insolence.

You are forgiven. Just don't do it again. By no means do I profess to be a master of anything save for bating.:lol:

If I have a little control over the lighting, then manual. If the lighting keeps changing, then Av. If I am trying to show or stop motion, Tv.

^^^ All in Canon terms ;)

pretty much exactly how I work. I use Av at almost all times I'm not using a flash, and exposure compensation. With Canon's controls, it just seem much more intuitive. With my old Nikon, because of the slight ease of control, I shot almost exclusively in manual.

With my Canons mostly program and them use the dials to override as needed or shutter with sports, with my rangefinders manual or guesstimate

Please point out where I said I'm a professional photographer (direct quote please) (you can even check the "about me" section on my website)
Then, please point out where I said I only meter once. I meter constantly, if the need dictates it. I don't look at my meter when metering, I look at my histogram. Man, why am I even explaining this to you...??? lol waste of time.

Please point out where I said I'm a professional photographer (direct quote please)

I'll do you one better.

DIRECT QUOTE from dictionary.reference.com said:
following an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain

And since you have a "Rates & Services" page...

You should take a minute to READ the rate and services page :) You might learn a lot. As in, I don't charge. Meaning I don't gain... but thanks for trying.

You should take a minute to READ the rate and services page :)You might learn a lot. As in, I don't charge. Meaning I don't gain... but thanks for trying.

You should take a minute to READ the definition of "charge". You might learn a lot.

Last time I checked, having a fee for prints is charging...

Go back to the loony bin and take Manual Mode with you.

You should take a minute to READ the definition of "charge". You might learn a lot.

Last time I checked, having a fee for prints is charging...

Go back to the loony bin and take Manual Mode with you.

are you blind? or just dumb? i can't figure it out.

direct quote from my website:

The sitting fee is $75 for a 1 hour session and is due on the day of the shoot. As I build my portfolio, this fee is waived and you only pay for prints!!

Please tell me what you don't understand about how I don't charge.

Last time I checked, having ANY fee, even just for prints is charging... And I know it doesn't cost you $20 to print an 8x10 either so don't try that route either. Just because you go cheap doesn't mean you don't charge.

But thanks for trying.

Try again. Those are my desired prints prices.. loony mcloonerson. Not that this thread is AT ALL About me or my business practices but since you want to go there. It is what I WANT TO CHARGE once I go pro. Very good business advice that was given to me. All my clients get huge discounts off that. Not that its any of YOUR Business or that I need to explain myself to trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back