What would you do if you won the Powerball?!

I'd probably go comatose from shock, but if I didn't...

Pay off my dad's ranch as well as my stepmother. Also get his airplane fixed and his runway paved.
Pay off my mom's ranch.
Pay off my little's brother's college expenses.
Give some money to my grandparents so my grandpa could finally retire after being a cattleman for 60 years.
Buy my older sister a house a new car (seriously her car is...something...no A/C in balmy Austin, TX), and a studio for her to create more art comfortably
Buy my older brother a house (or camper or whatever) a motorcycle, and a garage for him to work on it.

I'd also give money to a really good friend from high school whose mother just died.

For me...
Buy a house.
Buy a bitchin computer
Buy all the camera gear regardless of need.
Travel lots.

And give $500 tips to waiters/waitresses at restaurants.

To be honest, I don't really need or want much - at least in relation to how much money I would have - but it would be nice to have the means to help out others.

Last edited:
What I would do if I won $800,000,000 in a lottery:

1. Hire a really good tax attorney before going to claim my winnings.

I'd hire a good financial consultant as well. Not one of those yellowpages guys but someone who deals with large sums like this often.

Buy a small cabin in British Columbia or someplace equally awesome, buy a new camera and some lenses like a 600 f4, then travel to all the amazing landscape locations I dream of now. Hook up with beautiful women. You know, the usual

I'd probably go comatose from shock, but if I didn't...

Pay off my dad's ranch as well as my stepmother. Also get his airplane fixed and his runway paved.
Pay off my mom's ranch.
Pay off my little's brother's college expenses.
Give some money to my grandparents so my grandpa could finally retire after being a cattleman for 60 years.
Buy my older sister a house a new car (seriously her car is...something...no A/C in balmy Austin, TX), and a studio for her to create more art comfortably
Buy my older brother a house (or camper or whatever) a motorcycle, and a garage for him to work on it.

I'd also give money to a really good friend from high school whose mother just died.

For me...
Buy a house.
Buy a bitchin computer
Buy all the camera gear regardless of need.
Travel lots.

And give $500 tips to waiters/waitresses at restaurants.

To be honest, I don't really need or want much - at least in relation to how much money I would have - but it would be nice to have the means to help out others.

Your list is close to mine! :)

Well, when I was in Kindergarten, for Christmas I asked for world peace and a Ferrari F40. Since world peace ain't happenin, I'll settle for the F40.

First things though: Phase One XF system with the new 100mp back, new computer, new house, and a Jag F type as my daily.

I WON the PowerBall !!

Sorry, just testing
If this was an actual win
then I wouldn't have bothered to post :)
Please continue what you were doing before.

I would get my family and some friends set up first, then I will buy the Chateau of my choice in France! I don't care about the size, but it is the design that I love! :)
But then it would take very little to keep me going, so I would give a solid 80+% away. And then spend my life never working and enjoying life. :)

After some thought:
Pay all debt
Get a house. I don't want a mansion, but I'd like 4 bedrooms, a "study/office/art room" and a three car garage with room for a shop.
I'd probably upgrade the D40 and get a few pieces of decent glass, probably build a darkroom.
Vehicles: a Jeep Wrangler; maybe a 1/2 ton pickup. The toy would be the antique fire engine.
Give something to the various charities we believe in.

Business investments? I think opening a studio and darkroom (digital & silver) rental center might be a cool idea in the right location. Of course, I know nothing about operating a business so this is not a great idea.

Oh - one more thing: I'd help @limr set up the animal rescue refuge farm. Of course I'd have to get unlimited visitation to the dogs and cats and turtles and birds.

Here's the engine.

Oh - one more thing: I'd help @limr set up the animal rescue refuge farm. Of course I'd have to get unlimited visitation to the dogs and cats and turtles and birds.

Here's the engine.

Oh, I would SO have an animal refuge farm! Don't forget to visit the goats and sheep and porcupines and bunnies and guinea pigs :D

I can also have animals on the land/house I'd want to buy in Portugal as well, of course.

I'd buy out nearby houses and properties and flatten them. I would then reconstruct the land so it's more flat and build 20ft tall walls with razor electrified ribbon running the perimeter. I'd build a number of eco friendly homes for my extended family that doesn't rely on grid power. I'd also have underground tunnels and large fallout shelter with all the bells and whistles such as underground greenhouse, weaponry, water filtration systems, etc. I'd also want a fleet of blacked out armored huey heli on my property as well and of course armored vehicles in case I got caught in a ambush. Guards will be ex presidential secret service and or ex navy seals.

I'd help people who are in need of course. Like trying to fix the homeless problem by getting them proper humane shelters and free education to help them get a job and back on their feet.

I'd also start my own charity where 100% of the money goes directly to the cause and not the CEO's wallet and I'd make sure everyone knows it too.

Oh, I might buy a new camera too.

Yes, I have been thinking about this for a while.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back