Whats the equipment that "Picture People" use?

PLEASE... please... tell me this is a freakin' joke.

[Mods, please note; I am.]

Easy hon.. easy. Have some Nyquil... and retract the claws. Last thing we need is for Overread to bring out the BunnyBacinator 5000 and open up with some grazing fire. Lol

ARE YOU KIDDING?! THAT'S THE **FIRST** THING WE NEED!!!!!

:lmao:

Oh sure, you duck behind me and I end up with a ticked off bunny slathered in bacon grease hitting my face at 90 mph. Like we haven't been down that road before.. lol

Easy hon.. easy. Have some Nyquil... and retract the claws. Last thing we need is for Overread to bring out the BunnyBacinator 5000 and open up with some grazing fire. Lol

Oh sure, you duck behind me and I end up with a ticked off bunny slathered in bacon grease hitting my face at 90 mph. Like we haven't been down that road before.. lol

BUT THEN I GET TO KEEP THE BUNNY!!!

I mean I'd have to bathe him first, but it'd be totally worth it.

I'm not sure whether or not we're talking to me, but as long as it involves e.rose bathing me, I'll pretend like it is. :)

Sigh.. well, ok I guess. But this time you get to be the one to explain to the folks in the ER how I wound up with a concussion and a bunny shaped imprint in my forehead.

Sigh.. well, ok I guess. But this time you get to be the one to explain to the folks in the ER how I wound up with a concussion and a bunny shaped imprint in my forehead.

YAAAAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

YOU'RE THE **BEST**!!!!!! :hug:: :hug:: :hug::

Great, I think I just might buy those combination and just start shooting pictures. One last question: Whats the name of those systems where the umbrella light only flash when we take a picture? Like theres an antenna connected to the camera, Ive seen picture people do this.

You probably saw Radio Popper. There is also Pocket Wizard, and lots of cheap knock-off brands as well. One unit sits on the camera, and the corresponding unit is attached to the flash which is behind the umbrella. (or in front of it sometimes)

Great, I think I just might buy those combination and just start shooting pictures. One last question: Whats the name of those systems where the umbrella light only flash when we take a picture? Like theres an antenna connected to the camera, Ive seen picture people do this.

I would get familiar with the camera and lens first and learn some lighting theory before looking into those directly for a purchase. Going wireless is a very good move as it really helps cut down on cables and frees you up to move around the studio without tripping (and more importantly without your clients tripping over and dragging equipment crashing down).

Radio wireless is the ideal option as it gives no wires and totally free movement. Laser or IR are ok but rely on a beam so need direct line of sight to the equipment which is hard if you've got things at odd angle and have big softboxes/umbrellas blocking the way. There is also triggers based on when one flash fires the others pick up the light and fire as well. For a studio this last option can be a cheap and fairly reliable approach - outside though sometimes they won't "see" the flash light amidst the ambient light from the sun.

If you want radio Pocket Wizard are the leading brand - some studio lights also have built in radio which can tie into PW bandwidths. Cactus Triggors are also an options and offer a more budget friendly approach with decent results. They might not have all the flashy features of the PW but for a general simple trigger they work well.

But like I said learn the camera and read up on lighting theory before making these purchases - you need a clear idea of what you want and need to achieve it. Also if you try to learn too much all at once you'll get swamped with too much information. Even if its not that complex the volume will leave you reeling to put it all together.

...... or bombard you with bunnies and bacon).
Is there a waiting list for this ... how do we get on this list ?? :)

FYI ... use PocketWizards .. the camera antenna

You have to make nice with me, and maybe I'll let you stand behind Robbins.Photo to get a bunny. :lmao: :sexywink:

You have to make nice with me, and maybe I'll let you stand behind Robbins.Photo to get a bunny. :lmao: :sexywink:
But Robbins.Photo is a BIG Gorilla ... how would I be able to get anything after him ??

FYI .. also look at Yongnuo radio triggers for flashes .. a bit cheaper than PocketWizards

But Robbins.Photo is a BIG Gorilla ... how would I be able to get anything after him ??

No, no, no.

The plan is to have him get HIT with the bunny after Over fires it... and then when it's sitting all cute and dazed and confused, you come out from behind Robbins.Photo and scoop up the bunny, take him home, bathe him to cleanse him of the bacon grease, and love him forever and ever and ever. :heart:

FYI .. also look at Yongnuo radio triggers for flashes .. a bit cheaper than PocketWizards

for those using flashes manually, you can get $20 trigger/receiver sets off of ebay. the only issue is the mount is plastic. But a lot cheaper than pw's. :)

What the stat? 9 out of 10 new business fail in the first year? This is why!

Anyways it always boggles the mind that people think they can start a business without even knowing how to do the thing they want to sell!!!

This one will fail in the first hour

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

What the stat? 9 out of 10 new business fail in the first year? This is why!

Anyways it always boggles the mind that people think they can start a business without even knowing how to do the thing they want to sell!!!

This one will fail in the first hour

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

So you are saying when your starting out you have to go full time right away? :)

IF THEY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS, WHY WILL YOU SUCCEED?

and if you are intent on doing this, please keep me on your mailing list so when you go out of business, I can buy your equipment.

Most reactions

Back