Workforce.....

Bah. We could all paint awfull pictures of everyone here. If we really wanted to.

Cuz you know, we only have proof of you, Mishele, being condescending, and looking down your nose at others. :roll:

AAaahhhh.....:hug::

I can see I have angered you to a point that can't be salvaged. I'm sorry that you have this horrible picture in your mind of who I am. I will take fault for that, I should of never posted a "rant". I've learned a valuable lesson.
Best of luck to you too.

Heck...you might be condescending (j/K) but you still take great pictures!!!

HR is the worst, it really is. I've worked with a large company for a good while and they put tons of work into educating us and mentoring us and I still hate the HR aspect that I have to deal with in my job from time to time. Look at it this way, even though Derrel wants to have the mad on right now with you, in an obscure way, you learned how to be a better communicator and manager.:hugs:

I can take something positive out of anything!! :sexywink: Thanks for the post Georgie!

mishele said:
I can take something positive out of anything!!/QUOTE]

Is that a challenge? ;)

You know, this thread reminds of one from another forum a few years ago. It was back during Hurricane Katrina and the terrible aftermath in New Orleans. This particular thread was started by a young lady who was complaining about a wedding photography symposium that she had scheduled to attend in Houston. It had been cancelled because many of the survivors of the hurricane were being bussed into Texas, primarily in the Houston area. She was really put out, because, according to her, these people were ruining everything. It was one of the strangest and most disturbing threads I have read because there were so many people who sympathized with her. Here were people facing catastrophic conditions, fellow Americans, and a lot of these folks were really put out because they had to help them.

I especially love how the OP starts this thread with an offensive rant, which I am sure to her, is not offensive at all- and then continues with this nonsense of how this should not be taken as a political rant, etc.....

Really?

You know, this thread reminds of one from another forum a few years ago. It was back during Hurricane Katrina and the terrible aftermath in New Orleans. This particular thread was started by a young lady who was complaining about a wedding photography symposium that she had scheduled to attend in Houston. It had been cancelled because many of the survivors of the hurricane were being bussed into Texas, primarily in the Houston area. She was really put out, because, according to her, these people were ruining everything. It was one of the strangest and most disturbing threads I have read because there were so many people who sympathized with her. Here were people facing catastrophic conditions, fellow Americans, and a lot of these folks were really put out because they had to help them.

I especially love how the OP starts this thread with an offensive rant, which I am sure to her, is not offensive at all- and then continues with this nonsense of how this should not be taken as a political rant, etc.....

Really?

There is a big difference in this thread and the one you are describing. In your Katrina thread the OP was ranting about how helpless victims were getting in her way. This thread's OP was ranting about people who, despite being in a recession, expect to just blunder into a place of business and get a job, while showing disrespect to the person offering that job, or not wanting a job at all just trying to griff the system while wasting her time so they can continue to live of my tax dollars. There was a time when a job was a great opportunity to be fought over and cherished, now it's a right, a cross to bear, to be demanded by some people when the big bad world doesn't give them what they 'deserve'. When I apply for a job, all my ducks are in a row and I try my very best to show my potential employer that I am better for THEM than any other applicant. Many of the potentials that have come through my door act like I should thank them for even showing up.

Maybe you should try to learn the difference between a helpless victim and a lazy, egotistical, leach that expects everything handed to them while you thank them for the privilege. I not saying that all the people the OP encountered were like that but it isn't difficult or costly in any way to follow the guidelines set forth by the hirer or to show a little respect to the person offering the job.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back