Another terrible try at Astrophotography

Thanks for all the feedback, guys! I was looking for the north star, but judging by the trails these made I would have needed x-ray vision through my neighbor's master bedroom (and that's scary!). I'm also super pleased with the star trails and thus far it's been my most popular photo on Instagram and 500px in a while now, so it must be a big improvement, lol. I am one day hoping to get some milky way shots, but I think for now I just really need to focus on refining my focusing technique and getting better at determining the Aperture/Shutter/ISO trifecta without spending too much time testing on site.

You'll definitely need to crank the ISO to get a nice milky way shot, and probably leave CT, haha. I've had limited success in CT, even in the Northeast corner where there is far less light pollution. I have been more successful in Vermont and New Hampshire, but my settings were a bit different than yours...this one was actually off as far as the exposure vs. focal length.

50mm, F1.4, ISO 2500, and 20 sec exposure...this was southeast of Burlington, VT.

astrotest2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back