What's new

Hello, my name is Scott and I'm a photoholic.

Ok gotta question...


Which model/ version of Photoshop is the best to get? There is Photoshop CS3
CS3 Extended
CS3 artist
CS3 graphic designer
CS3 buisness
CS3 Photographer...

and the list goes on... Does anyone know the difference between them?
 
Last time I checked, you could get CS3 Extended as a student for $299. It's a pretty killer deal considering Extended usually costs atleast one appendage.
 
Boy, that sounds like a lead-in to the banning thread as it is now. GIMP, hummmm, there's a pun in there somewhere. Any I'm not going to go there!
 
Well, spent the day chasing the new computer again. I returned the main board and exchanged it. While doing that, I decided to upgrade it to one with a few more legacy PCI slots. They decided that the power supply in the new case may have been what took out both main boards, so I bought a new one, also upgraded to 450 watts. I refuse to buy Vista yet until it's stable and the bugs are worked out. I was going to install my old WIN2000 Pro as it uses a less RAM than either XP or Vista. So, I get home (another drive 1 hour each way) and find the new Intel main boards drivers and software are not compatible to any OS prior to XP. I should have guessed that, but.... Another 105 mile round trip to buy XP Pro. So, now the machine is together, and the RIAD is formatting. I guess it will finish up around Easter, maybe by the 4th. (July) I hope it is all worth it. This should be a sizable upgrade to what is on my desk now. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Well, there goes another rant. I gotta stop that.
 
Well, spent the day chasing the new computer again. I returned the main board and exchanged it. While doing that, I decided to upgrade it to one with a few more legacy PCI slots. They decided that the power supply in the new case may have been what took out both main boards, so I bought a new one, also upgraded to 450 watts. I refuse to buy Vista yet until it's stable and the bugs are worked out. I was going to install my old WIN2000 Pro as it uses a less RAM than either XP or Vista. So, I get home (another drive 1 hour each way) and find the new Intel main boards drivers and software are not compatible to any OS prior to XP. I should have guessed that, but.... Another 105 mile round trip to buy XP Pro. So, now the machine is together, and the RIAD is formatting. I guess it will finish up around Easter, maybe by the 4th. (July) I hope it is all worth it. This should be a sizable upgrade to what is on my desk now. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Well, there goes another rant. I gotta stop that.
Ouch, That had to suck.. 105 miles to get a computer program. That almost makes me sick...
Sorry for the comp troubles John.
 
That was 2 105 mile trips today, before 1:00 PM. But to be honest, I had to be at the hospital for blood work at 7:30 this morning anyway, and stopped on the way home for the first visit at the wholesaler. The second was the issue. But, it seems to be working now, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Well, I've been up since 5:00 AM. I think I'm going to turn in for the night.

G'nite all.
 
Yeah building computers sucks. BB you should download and play with the GIMP it is as close to photoshop as you can get for free.
 
Hey BB....I regret to inform you that you have inspired me to take my pencil back up.....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom