How do you decide photo brightness?

nadc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

When post processing a picture, how do you decide what brightness level is appropriate? If I PP on my monitor at home, then the picture looks too dark on my monitor at work. I heard about something called calibration but I'm not sure what that is and how to do it.

Thanks for any tips!

nad

Hi,

When post processing a picture, how do you decide what brightness level is appropriate? If I PP on my monitor at home, then the picture looks too dark on my monitor at work. I heard about something called calibration but I'm not sure what that is and how to do it.

Thanks for any tips!

nad

In one hell of an oversimplification, suffice it to say that some monitors are brighter/darker than others and reproduce colors differently than others. Calibration is a means to adjust your monitor to match a particular color standard, such as sRGB (among many others).

The advantage is that, if done correctly, your picture will look the same on any other monitor calibrated to the same standard and a hard copy print will look like the screen image if you use the same standard (actually, color space) when you print.

Yeah, I looked at it as a two part question. ;)

hmmm this is hard I have a huge desktop mac and I keep it at full brightness to tell

hmmm this is hard I have a huge desktop mac and I keep it at full brightness to tell
dude turn that **** down, this explains why youre contrast is always like :confused:, your colors get washed out then, turn it downnnnn! :)

Most reactions

Back