I am a beginner with my new Nikon D500 ..

Can you tell us what lens and settings you used for that last picture? That would give a point to adjust from.
right now i am having a problem.. i seem to be getting very clear photos but sort of a yellow cast to them.. i must go through all the settings again and find out why i am experiencing this.. alot of settings i do not understand.. i wish i had gone to camera school when they had the classes in adult ed.. wonder if they will have them this summer.. i would go for sure.. because one wrong move here makes all the difference.. thank you.. if i get this straightened out i will go back to the settings on this pic..

well it is freezing outside..so i tried to set the camera with freezing hands.. i know i messed up these settings.. but i still had a few nice photos for my walk..

right now i am having a problem.. i seem to be getting very clear photos but sort of a yellow cast to them.. i must go through all the settings again and find out why i am experiencing this..
Could be a white balance issue. What is your WB setting?

right now i am having a problem.. i seem to be getting very clear photos but sort of a yellow cast to them.. i must go through all the settings again and find out why i am experiencing this..
Could be a white balance issue. What is your WB setting?
I went through all the settings including white balance..something is still off.. will work on it this afternoon.. for sure..thanks
1-bird 008.JPG

I went through all the settings including white balance..something is still off.. will work on it this afternoon.. for sure..thanks
Sometimes you just have to reset everything to factory settings.

Hello. Just a brief. Im shooting 61 Years,teaching for 14, written many Books and specialize in Clients ,Studio Portrait and products..www.Rinderart.com. without going On and On and you said to be Honest. ....OK,All 3 Birds are OOF and Noise Is tearing Up the files. Theres really Only [Basically] 3 Things you need to Understand completely #1 is depth of field DOF. what you want In focus and what you do Not.DOF tells the story , to trick a viewer into Looking where YOU want them to. #2 Is composition which supports the story and Just as Important as #1. #3 is Exposure to make a Image Pleasing or not. Light Is god In all Image making The word Photography Means Litterly "The Capture Of Light" A good Photographer has the ability to Tell a story and Pre-visualize composition to make it Pleasing to view regardless of subject. I do Stock for 3 decades when It was actually profitable.......,And Do Gallery shows Here in Beverly Hills. each could not be farther from each other, I do Very Hard Hitting street work In B&W.
Im Here anytime. It is my duty to give Back to the Great Life I've Had making Images. Simply write Me [email protected] And that goes for anyone else. I enjoy Sharing. Or Just Google my Name. Laurin Rinder

Attachments

• CAT 6583 CD231 ELDERLY WOMAN.jpg
    CAT 6583 CD231 ELDERLY WOMAN.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 64
  • CAT 10289 CD349 THE LOVERS.jpg
    CAT 10289 CD349 THE LOVERS.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 62
  • CAT 10473 CD350 AFRO AMERICAN WOMAN.jpg
    CAT 10473 CD350 AFRO AMERICAN WOMAN.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 62
Photo Lady,

Focus looks good on these, but the high ISO is severely cutting detail...

Hello. Just a brief. Im shooting 61 Years,teaching for 14, written many Books and specialize in Clients ,Studio Portrait and products..www.Rinderart.com. without going On and On and you said to be Honest. ....OK,All 3 Birds are OOF and Noise Is tearing Up the files. Theres really Only [Basically] 3 Things you need to Understand completely #1 is depth of field DOF. what you want In focus and what you do Not.DOF tells the story , to trick a viewer into Looking where YOU want them to. #2 Is composition which supports the story and Just as Important as #1. #3 is Exposure to make a Image Pleasing or not. Light Is god In all Image making The word Photography Means Litterly "The Capture Of Light" A good Photographer has the ability to Tell a story and Pre-visualize composition to make it Pleasing to view regardless of subject. I do Stock for 3 decades when It was actually profitable.......,And Do Gallery shows Here in Beverly Hills. each could not be farther from each other, I do Very Hard Hitting street work In B&W.
Im Here anytime. It is my duty to give Back to the Great Life I've Had making Images. Simply write Me [email protected] And that goes for anyone else. I enjoy Sharing. Or Just Google my Name. Laurin Rinder
thank you.. it is so kind of you to invite us to seek help from you.. i appreciate it so much.. and your photos are just beautiful and elegant and fantastically different from the norm...... i will be in touch..

Photo Lady,

Focus looks good on these, but the high ISO is severely cutting detail...
yes.. i finally realized my biggest no no.. now i have to fiddle around with the camera and start from scratch because i did something somewhere that i should have left alone..lol thanks

..i did something somewhere that i should have left alone..lol thanks
If you mean the WB setting, you can almost always set it to "auto" and the shot will be fine. You will then have to remember to change it when the lighting is weird, such as all tungsten, or all fluorescent, for instance. I will have my "default" settings as; auto WB, auto ISO, and either manual or aperture priority. This is pretty much how I leave the camera when I'm not using it so when I pick it up, I just have a couple of things to check and I'm ready to shoot. So depending on the subject, I may need to change to aperture or shutter priority, or leave it in manual. Make it easy on yourself.

..i did something somewhere that i should have left alone..lol thanks
If you mean the WB setting, you can almost always set it to "auto" and the shot will be fine. You will then have to remember to change it when the lighting is weird, such as all tungsten, or all fluorescent, for instance. I will have my "default" settings as; auto WB, auto ISO, and either manual or aperture priority. This is pretty much how I leave the camera when I'm not using it so when I pick it up, I just have a couple of things to check and I'm ready to shoot. So depending on the subject, I may need to change to aperture or shutter priority, or leave it in manual. Make it easy on yourself.
your right.. why i had to go through each and every setting and change it all was dumb.... but i think i am okay now.. i took this photo moments ago.. i also saw some eagles.. and wished i had a better zoom lens..
1-eagles or hawks 023.JPG
1-eagles or hawks 076.JPG

Already, your results are crisper,although the Buzzard shows a slight bit of either lens issue,or very slight shutter speed blurring, or possibly a very slightly missed focus

Most reactions

New Topics

Back