I am a beginner with my new Nikon D500 ..

Already, your results are crisper,although the Buzzard shows a slight bit of either lens issue,or very slight shutter speed blurring, or possibly a very slightly missed focus
can i blame it on the tamron lens.. 18-400 ..i always have the feeling that this lens is just not in complete sink with the d50o. i was thinking of sending the lens to tamron for their opinion .. maybe it is not working properly in general.. i have the warranty on it.. so it might be the best thing i should do before i sell it..the buzzard pic might be also blamed on shaky hands.. lol thanks

No Matter what ...Learn DOF My new friend, It's not rocket science.. you let any Camera think for you You will always have Issues.when You get it down. you'll never be OOF again unless, Your holding Your camera Wrong and at every workshop I've done from Florida to Hawaii. It's extremely common. #1 issue at Every workshop Or seminar, Or Lectures I do On commercial work is focus. all I have to do is watch you shoot and Can fix it. and once you get it. you will say.....You gotta be kidding.....Trust me. I have No reason, Nor have I ever changed My ISO from the Lowest unless it was for a effect.. Shutter speed ,Speedlight or a tripod which BTW is the second Most Important Piece of equipment you will Buy. A tripod and Good Head is critical. Not some cheap sticks. Buy the best and You Buy Once. watch this. Joe Is One Of the best PRO shooters out there and a very Old friend.

You Like bird Pics? I got a few Magazine covers with these Old Ones.
CAT 10253 CD349 FLAMINGO.jpg
CAT 7893 CD284 PELICAN.jpg
CAT 2340 D CD87  PELICAN 8.jpg

No Matter what ...Learn DOF My new friend, It's not rocket science.. you let any Camera think for you You will always have Issues.when You get it down. you'll never be OOF again unless, Your holding Your camera Wrong and at every workshop I've done from Florida to Hawaii. It's extremely common. #1 issue at Every workshop Or seminar, Or Lectures I do On commercial work is focus. all I have to do is watch you shoot and Can fix it. and once you get it. you will say.....You gotta be kidding.....Trust me. I have No reason, Nor have I ever changed My ISO from the Lowest unless it was for a effect.. Shutter speed ,Speedlight or a tripod which BTW is the second Most Important Piece of equipment you will Buy. A tripod and Good Head is critical. Not some cheap sticks. Buy the best and You Buy Once. watch this. Joe Is One Of the best PRO shooters out there and a very Old friend.

thank you ..you have been very precise and i agree 100% you must be smarter then your smart smart camera.. thanks again for all your advice... and your informative friends video.. i think the most important issue you brought up.. was to read read read.. i quess taking the short cuts of watching a video .. etc or listening to a lecture can only truly help me after i have read the manual..... so i am going to start this tomorrow.. and i really appreciate that reminder......

I think the Tamron 18-400 is probably an "okay" all-in-one zoom, but I do not doubt that there are multiple,better-performing long zooms.

I think the Tamron 18-400 is probably an "okay" all-in-one zoom, but I do not doubt that there are multiple,better-performing long zooms.
yes and i am looking forward to trying a new one soon..

can i blame it on the tamron lens..
Before you sell that lens, perform the fine-focus adjustment between it and your camera. Aside from the setup, it takes just a few minutes.

Once you've got everything set up (focus target on a slant on a table, camera on the tripod, flash, and some quiet time to study the resultant images) you can do more than one lens in just a few more minute's time.

You've definitely got it figured out with that chicken pic. I know there are a lot of good birds-in-flight pics on here but I can't get a good one for the life of me.

You've definitely got it figured out with that chicken pic. I know there are a lot of good birds-in-flight pics on here but I can't get a good one for the life of me.
Thank you...

can i blame it on the tamron lens..
Before you sell that lens, perform the fine-focus adjustment between it and your camera. Aside from the setup, it takes just a few minutes.

Once you've got everything set up (focus target on a slant on a table, camera on the tripod, flash, and some quiet time to study the resultant images) you can do more than one lens in just a few more minute's time.
I will just send it to Tamron..get it checked over and sell it...but thanks for tip for others i might do it for,

View attachment 170043 View attachment 170044 View attachment 170045 Just wondering how i am doing.. jumping from the Nikon D7500 to the D500.. what do you think of these photos.. be honest.. i can take it.. have to hear the negative too to learn.. in the meantime just practicing.. thanks

Beautiful clicks of the cute birdies.. and a very good exhaustive discussion on the tricks on bird photography..
I got to learn a lot.. A big hello to all the experts and seniors discussing on this thread!

Cheers

Most reactions

Back