Life's simple pet peeves

I hate it when your new camera is coming via UPS and you have the tracking number and everything... and you've been watching it come over from Hong Kong, and then it sat in Sydney for a day, and then it got to Brisbane, and it was dispatched at 5:53am for delivery..... and you jump up every time you hear a truck drive past..... and it's STILL not here yet!!

^ I got that beat. My Mac Pro was supposed to be here on the 14th...than they canceled it to Feb 22nd, I went insane. I ordered in early Jan :)

Things that annoy me are as follows

1) People who dont say thank you

2) "I'm not a pot head" (whom smoke each week of the month)

3) Egotistical people in a position of power whom think they can do whatever they please.

4) And lastly $hit talkers who think there problems will be solved by complaining about them.

I hate when you go to a tiny restaurant with about 10 parties waiting and someone that's finished with their meal is sitting there chatting for a half hour.

There is a town not too far from me (a very resort type, get-a-way town), they have a mom and pop restaurant that has as a printed logo: "Eat, and Get The Hell Out". It's printed on the signs outside.

They want to to enjoy yourself and eat all you want but they will kick you out if you stay too long!

<I need to go back there and grab a photo and buy a t-shirt.>

I have an annoyance with the misuse of the words "then" and "than" on forums. Perhaps it's a local issuse, but I remember Mrs Elerby from high school English and she didn't play.

"Professional" websites that have music on them. If you can't sell your product without trying to elicit an emotion by using music, then I hate to tell you, but you aren't that good. If you HAVE to have music, at least make it selectable.

Their is nothing more annoying than surfing the web, listening to music, and have some crappy music come blaring though my speakers. :er:

People who can't seem to work the cash register or get my order right at a fastfood burger joint

I hate it when people hide from me.

My wife does this. If I am in the house, yelling for her, she will hide from me and I stomp all over the place looking for her.

When I find her, she giggles like a lunatic and I am so damn mad I would like to choke her. :x

We have a weird relationship.....:hug::

"Professional" websites that have music on them.
Along with this one, Flash websites drive me crazy as well. They take so long to load, and are a pain in the you-know-what to navigate around.

I like simple, dead simple for a website. I hate flashy stuff.

Pet Peeve #2 - People who post full size 10 mp images in forums, especially when they say, "Tell me what you think?"

Pet Peeve #3 - Sticking with photography, people who categorize cameras as either dSLR or Point and Shoot only. My digital camera is neither of those.

And finally - Snow! No, I do love snow. It's the drivers here in Pennsylvania, where you are expected to..... get snow! We get 18 inches of snow, everyone forgets how to drive in it. If there is snow for 3 days, we are ok, people begin to remember. Then it gets nice for 3 days and dumps snow again. In just 3 days, everyone completely forgets how to drive in the snow!

Ok, one more. The US automotive consumer. I need a new car and I guess I will be stuck with something used. Everything available here is automatic! Automatic transmission, ABS, traction control, stability control, climate control.... Heck, I can't even put my wife's new vehicle in 4wd when there is snow on the roads. The 4wd is automatic. I can't stand being forced to run the AC compressor in 5 degree temperatures because I don't want the HVAC system blowing directly on me. If I want to dehumidify the air, I'll select the AC button myself! I'm not that stupid that I need it to be forced upon me!

• Having to do laundry on Saturday morning with a massive hangover
  • Having pink socks on Saturday morning with a massive hangover

Most reactions

Back